Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I bought it I knew nothing about bronzers but the lady at the counter tried some on me and I liked what I saw
  • I can however tell you what I think of this product
  • I do wish it were in their normal green packaging because I love it, but the compact is still cute
  • Others might say what a pain to have to add several coats, but that is what I like

• by loveitorleaveit

I purchased this bronzer because bronzers are all the rage. I am going to be honest. When I bought it I knew nothing about bronzers but the lady at the counter tried some on me and I liked what I saw. She told me it was easy to use and walked me through it but I did not know if I would be able to do it at home and make it look as natural as she did.

The color I chose is called sunkissed. It is a little bit pinker than the other choices. They only make three shades and I do not think these three will work for everyone. If you are Black or really light colored these three colors will not work for you. I have an average white person’s color and this works great for me. It makes me look healthier when I am tired, and like I have had just a little sun when I have not.

I have never tried another bronzer because I was afraid of looking really

unnatural and fake so I cannot compare it to other brands. I can however tell you what I think of this product.

The smell: The smell is very light. I am sensitive to the fake smell of makeup and this does not have it. If you put your nose in front of it and sniff you will smell a smell a little lighter than that from blush, but once it is on the brush you won’t smell it and I cannot smell it when on.

The packaging: I doubt Clinique has ever made a product whose packaging I did not love. This is a cute round little compact. I do wish it were in their normal green packaging because I love it, but the compact is still cute. It comes with a high quality angled brush to apply. I usually use a second brush to make my makeup look better as I find the included brush never is a good as the ones I have purchased, but this is a really nice brush, nicer than ...

• some included in other clinique products.

To use: This goes on really lightly. I sweep it on lightly and take a look before adding more. I have never had to wash it off and start over which is great since I go to the trouble of washing my face, moisturizing then adding foundation before I put on the bronzer. If I put it on and it was too dark it would be a real pain to take it off and start over and frankly I would not use it often. I like the light effect of this product. Others might say what a pain to have to add several coats, but that is what I like. If I an already tan it does not look fake, if I am pale and it is winter it won’t look fake. I can adjust it like I want.

I am an adult who gets acne. If I use good quality products I do not get acne. Other blushes and products have caused acne in my

adult skin. If I am careful with cleansing I do not get any irritation or acne with this or any other clinique product. To remove this I use regular soap. I have a normal face wash I use on my face and not a specific makeup remover and it comes off fine. On vacation I have used bar soap to remove it and acne pads and they all worked just as well. I cannot imagine anyone else regardless of the soap or method they used having a difficult time removing this bronzer.

The pros of this bronzer:

Looks natural.

Goes on lightly.

Washes off easily.

Will not cause acne.

Does not settle into wrinkles.

Does not dry out skin more or make skin look drier.

High quality brush included in compact.

No smell.

You cannot feel it on. It won’t feel heavy even over foundation.

The cons:

It is expensive at $24.

The case is not as cute as other Clinique compacts. I wish it were the silver or green they usually do. It stands out too much in my makeup case or on a table for my taste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121011396370931/k2311a0121/1.21.11