Cuisinart Six Speed Blender  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • However, I don't think I would recommend it just because of the cleaning up factor

• by mjcnv36

I purchased the Cuinart Six Speed Blender about two years ago from a local furniture store’s appliance section. I chose this blender over other models and brands because I have several Cuisinart small kitchen appliances and I have been very satisifed with all of them. I have to say that this blender is decent, but is still my least favorite of all my Cuisinart products. Here is why.

First, I hate the design of the glass jar. It is dishwasher safe, but of course you have to load it upside down in the dishwasher. It cleans well, but

the way it is designed was horrible. When upside down, it pretty much forms a big bowl that holds all the water from the dishwasher rinse cycle. So, I have to be very careful taking it out of the dishwasher so the water doesn’t spill onto the other dishes (or I have to unload it last). Furthermore, when I do dump the water into the sink, some water always runs over the side of the jar and I have to rinse that off and towel dry anyway. So what was the point of making it dishwasher safe it ...

• you may as well just hand wash it anyway? The other reason I don’t love this blender is that one time I was cleaning the exterior of it and the cleaner had bleach in it. When I rubbed the cloth and cleaner over the writing on the blender, it nearly erased all the writing! I have never seen this happen before. Now I am barely able to make out the settings. Lastly, the way you change speed settings is to turn a dial. I would have preferred this blender better if it had push buttons for
        each speed change, i.e. mix to puree to crush, etc.

Having said all that, yes the blender does work. I make fruit smoothies on a regular basis and it normally does blend up the fruit. Still, there always seems to be a few chunks that do not get pulverized for some reason. But I can live with that. The jar holds four cups of liquid, so I feel that was pretty generous. Overall, my opinion on this blender is somewhat neutral. However, I don’t think I would recommend it just because of the cleaning up factor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5320011396100631/k2311a0120/1.20.11