Swarovski Pinky Mo
  • This was a limited-edition piece that was what I like to call a spin-off of Missy Mo, which is the cow figurine in Swarovski's Lovlot collection
  • I think it looks like the gemstone called pink opal
  • I don't think I have ever seen it again since Pinky Mo
  • I have noticed that many of Swarovski's animal figurines have hematite crystal eyes
  • Crystal Exchange carries a few more Pinky Mos that cost even more than that

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This was a limited-edition piece that was what I like to call a “spin-off” of Missy Mo, which is the cow figurine in Swarovski’s Lovlot collection. The Lovlots are a series of sweet little animal caricatures that include mice, dogs, ducks, and the list of animals goes on and on! Each of the Lovlots has a name, and Missy Mo is the well-loved sheep in the Lovlots group. She is made of clear crystal, and she has a set of smooth crystal horns and an adorable faceted cow bell dangling from her neck. Missy Mo came out in 2006. Every year since 2007, Swarovski has created another Mo sheep, a limited-edition piece that is the same

exact design as Missy Mo but in colored crystal or with some kind of colored pattern.

I suppose that fans of Missy Mo have been keeping track of these limited-editions and possibly collecting all of them. Boy, I would love to do that myself! But that becomes costly, and you need to have the space in your home. I have bought a couple of the limited-edition Mos, though. (I don’t know where Swarovski got the word “Mo” from. I think “Moo” would have made more sense!) Anyhow, I will tell you a little about Pinky Mo.

Pinky Mo measures about one inch by one and three-quarters of an inch. She is made of pink crystal, and her horns ...

• and cow bell are made of pink opaque crystal. Swarovski calls it matte rose alabaster crystal, and it does have a pale look that makes it very attractive. I think it looks like the gemstone called pink opal. I think the rose alabaster crystal horns and bell are the most appealing and unique feature of Pinky Mo. It is not a crystal that Swarovski uses all of the time. I don’t think I have ever seen it again since Pinky Mo.

Pinky Mo’s eyes are in hematite crystal, which looks like gun metal. I have noticed that many of Swarovski’s animal figurines have hematite crystal eyes. Maybe the company thinks that is a good alternative to black

eyes, because the color is not as strong and harsh. And the metallic look provides a little added interest by giving the eyes an unusual glow and a little more dimension than you might get by using black crystal for the eyes.

Pinky Mo has really shot up in price since I bought her in 2007. I believe I paid about $56. But if you go on the Crystal Exchange website and click on “Limited Edition Swarovski,” then you will see Pinky Mo on the list and you’ll discover that she now costs $200. Crystal Exchange carries a few more Pinky Mos that cost even more than that. Wow, am I glad I bought her when I did!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4620011396030631/k2311a0120/1.20.11