Crystal World Pineapple
  • I don't know whether any of the websites or stores carry this piece, but I think it may be retired
  • But I know that it is a Crystal World piece, because it has their logo imprinted underneath the base of the pineapple
  • It's a shame that Crystal World doesn't carry it anymore, especially since I haven't noticed any other fruit figurines on their website
  • It would have been interesting to see what this piece would have looked like if Crystal World had made the body of the pineapple in yellow crystal to represent the color of the fruit
  • I like figurines of apples, pears, pineapples, and strawberries

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I don’t know whether any of the websites or stores carry this piece, but I think it may be retired. I don’t see it on the Crystal World website. But I know that it is a Crystal World piece, because it has their logo imprinted underneath the base of the pineapple. Actually, I think this pineapple figurine the store sold me may be defective, because one of the green shoots on the top of the pineapple looks tilted when it should be positioned straight up. Other than that, this is a lovely piece. It’s a shame that Crystal World doesn’t carry it anymore, especially since I haven’t noticed

any other fruit figurines on their website. So they could have used this one.

This pineapple figurine is about two inches tall, and it is made of clear crystal that is faceted all the way around the pineapple, so this is a very lustrous piece. At the top of the pineapple are the pointy green offshoots, and they are what really make this piece stand out. They are made of a light grass green crystal. That’s the only colored portion of this piece. It would have been interesting to see what this piece would have looked like if Crystal World had made the body of the pineapple in yellow ...

• crystal to represent the color of the fruit. The green and yellow combination would have been eye-catching. But with the colorless crystal that they chose, we get more of a rainbow effect as the light bounces off of each of the facets.

I like figurines of apples, pears, pineapples, and strawberries. There is something very homey and refreshing about them. We know that they are healthy for us, so I guess we somehow feel like it is therapeutic to have figurines of them in our home. They are like our friends. It is good to have them in our lives.

I read that the pineapple is a symbol of hospitality,

so this is a good figurine to display in the living room or dining room when guests come over for dinner. I display mine in my bedroom amongst my other little figurines. I just think they look cute all grouped together. I don’t know whether I would want to see this pineapple figurine in a larger size. I like it in this miniature size. I think it makes the pineapple look very delicate, graceful, and calming. It is a sweet and soothing presence to have in a home. It would be great if Crystal World brought it back, because I think that crystal collectors would be interested in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4620011395980631/k2311a0120/1.20.11