Crystal World Iris
  • I may add to that collection some time in the future, but I think I have enough for right now
  • It's interesting and unique that Crystal World made a crystal iris figurine, considering that Swarovski has not made one yet that I am aware of
  • But I would recommend it, because you get so many attractive details in this piece

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I remember when we used to have irises growing near the front porch of my house when I was a kid. But those were yellow irises, and this one is a purplish blue color. Crystal World does a nice job of making their flower figurines look realistic. I have a small collection of them that includes the iris, daffodils, and pansies. I may add to that collection some time in the future, but I think I have enough for right now. It’s interesting and unique that Crystal World made a crystal iris figurine, considering that Swarovski has not made one yet that I am

aware of. (And I am a collector of Swarovski crystal, too!)

This iris figurine measures almost three inches high, and the style of it is very similar to the daffodil figurine. There are two iris flowers in a clear crystal flower pot, and one iris is slightly taller than the other. I like the intricacy of the petals. They are so distinctive that they make the flowers look like real irises. Beside the flowers are three tall, emerald green crystal leaves that almost look like spokes. The faceted crystal pot finishes off the piece well, because there is a protruding edge at the base of ...

• the pot, and that edge is also faceted.

I really enjoy observing the details of crystal pieces, and I marvel at how good a job a company does and whether they slacked off somewhere. But Crystal World did not slack off in their creation of this piece. Every detail is sharp and exquisite. Another unique feature of this piece is the color of the iris. It seems to be purple with a blue undertone. When the light hits it, you can see how the blue flashes brilliantly. I don’t know whether that is called a blue iridescence, or whether I would compare it to an

aurora borealis. In any case, it is mysterious and very pretty.

The iris figurine is available for purchase on the Crystal World website. It costs $69, which is a little steep. But I would recommend it, because you get so many attractive details in this piece. If you know anyone who grows irises in their garden, then this would make a perfect gift. I read that you should not display crystal in direct sunlight, but if you have a curio cabinet, then that would be a wonderful place to display this piece. That way it will not accumulate as much dust, and you can still appreciate its beauty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4620011395970631/k2311a0120/1.20.11