Swarovski Y2B
  • I think those ears are what make him look as cute as he is

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I have no idea why in the world Swarovski named this little figurine Y2B. It sounds like it could have been a name of a character in “Star Wars.” This is a figurine of a sheep, so I don’t know how Swarovski associated a sheep with the letter and number combination Y2B. This is one of the characters from Swarovski’s famous Lovlot collection. The Lovlots are a group of cute little animal caricatures that each look like they have their own intriguing personality. And instead of simply calling each one by the animal name, Swarovski gave each Lovlot a witty name. I guess they want us to think of them as

pets or something!

Y2B measures about one and a quarter of an inch in both height and width. He is made of clear, colorless crystal and has gun-metal crystal eyes. He is a very simple looking fellow, with his ears sticking out from his head. I think those ears are what make him look as cute as he is. But I’m not sure why Swarovski calls him a sheep. I think he looks more like a lamb. He has a baby look. He is not full and fluffy looking like a sheep. He looks a little lonely, like he needs a playmate. So I guess that gives us an excuse to buy ...

• another Lovlot to keep him company!

I think that Swarovski should have called Y2B a lamb, and they should create a slightly bigger and puffier Lovlot and call that one a sheep. That way people could buy both pieces if they want to, and they can display them together as though they are a set. Then we would have a Mama sheep and her baby. That would make a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift for mothers who collect crystal.

Anyway, this is still a cute little piece, whether you want to call it a sheep or a lamb. Sheep lovers and lovers of farm animals in general should find Y2B very charming. It is

available on the Swarovski website for $44. That is not a bad price, considering that some of the Lovlots are in the $50 range and even the $70 range. So I think this is one of the more affordable Lovlots, except for the one or two pieces that are on sale right now.

I am a little surprised that Swarovski did not put Y2B on sale, considering that he was one of the first Lovlots that Swarovski created, so he has been around for several years now. (The Lovlots came out in 2006.) I guess he has been a big seller, so the company doesn’t feel that they need to put him on sale.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4620011395960631/k2311a0120/1.20.11