Swarovski Santa Claus
  • Unfortunately, it sold out at most of the stores in my area
  • So I bought him while I knew he was still available
  • I think that was clever of Swarovski to think of that and to give us both of those options
  • And I love the way he is chubby, but then his body tapers as it nears the base

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is a piece that got my attention several years ago when it first came out. Unfortunately, it sold out at most of the stores in my area. But I did locate one store that still had it in stock, so I purchased it. Now Swarovski is having an online sale, and Santa is half-price! He was originally $44, and now he is $22. I never would have expected that to happen, or I would have waited to buy him. It’s not like I really needed him at the time. It’s just that I didn’t know whether he was a limited-edition piece that was only going to be around until he sold out. So I bought him while I knew he was still available.

This Santa figurine measures one inch by about one and a half inches. The great thing

about it is that it serves a dual purpose. It is attached to a metal hole, and it comes with a ribbon. So you can use it as a tree ornament, where its facets will catch the light beautifully. Or you can take the ribbon off, which is what I did, and stand it up so that it acts as a figurine. It has a flat base, so that you can do just that. I think that was clever of Swarovski to think of that and to give us both of those options.

Now on to Santa’s appearance, and he is the cutest Santa that I have ever seen! His Santa hat and his body are made of clear, colorless crystal. His face is made of frosted crystal, and the bottom of his face has five scalloped edges (all of ...

• which is meant to signify his beard). You can even see a soft and subtle etching of a smile on his face, because after all, he is Santa. He is supposed to be happy. His eyes are made of sparkling light blue crystal. His nose is made of a red crystal dot, and he also has decorative red crystal dots on his Santa suit and on the tip of his hat. And I love the way he is chubby, but then his body tapers as it nears the base. It makes him look cuter somehow, and I think it finishes off the piece nicely.

Here are the only two questions in my mind. Why did Swarovski make his entire face frosted instead of just making the lower portion and side portions of his face frosted? That way his beard (the

frosted part) would have been separate from his face, so it would have looked more like a beard. And also, why didn’t Swarovski make his body and hat out of red crystal to represent a Santa suit? They could have then used clear dots on his body and hat instead of giving him a clear body with red accents. Anyone looking at him would have immediately known that he was Santa by the red suit and hat. That is odd, especially considering how much Swarovski likes to use red crystal in their other figurines.

I will deduct a point for that, and I will give him a rating of 9. I still love this piece for all of its sweet details, and I think this would make a lovely little trinket to put out as a Christmas decoration on your mantel next year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4620011395950631/k2311a0120/1.20.11