Movie “Salt” (2010)  » Movies  »
  • I think the stunt co ordinator did an exceptional job
  • This is how this film is, it is fine to watch, I would recommend other action fans to watch it, but I would not buy it
  • I don't think it was the best action flick all year, or for the last few years, some movies have it some don't

• by mamjess

I was excited to see this film because the previews looked fun. A female James Bond who may or may not be a double agent and it stars Angelina Jolie. How great does that sound? Well the movie had a great premise but the end result was just ok. I liked that this was a female star in an action role.

Angelina has done it in other movies, but this was a great role for her. The action in the film was very well done. They had a lot of fun stunts, lots of people died and she did some really incredible things.

I think the stunt co ordinator did an exceptional job. I had not seen every stunt they did a million times. What was really awesome in this movie was that the make up team did a really great job.

Sure the fake blood and injuries all looked real, but the coolest part was when they made Angelina a man. There was this one scene where she needed to get into the white house. They actually put latex pieces and a wig on her so that she looked manly but you could still see it was her.

I watched the extras and they had ...

• a whole section on how they did it. This was one of my favorite make up effects in years. She did not look fake at all, in fact I was wondering if they really had used a man for the scene and special effects to make it look like her.

She also did a great job of moving like a man in that scene, she changed her walk and expressions. The plot of the movie was good. I liked the double agent bit and how you never knew who was good or bad.

The end left me with some unresolved questions and I liked

all but the final scene in the helicopter. I would have added a little more to the ending to make it feel more like an ending. I really found no fault with this film, but it just lacked something.

Think about the first mission impossible movie and how awesome it was, now compare it with the second which was just ok. This is how this film is, it is fine to watch, I would recommend other action fans to watch it, but I would not buy it. I don’t think it was the best action flick all year, or for the last few years, some movies have it some don’t.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120011395940631/k2311a0120/1.20.11