Swarovski Baby Penguins (Set of 3)
  • I love how Swarovski incorporates all of the animals in the animal kingdom (or almost all) into their collection of crystal figurines
  • I am very disappointed, because I did not get this ice patch when I purchased my set
  • I think what makes these penguins so special is the fact that Swarovski made each one of them look like they are in motion
  • See what I like about Swarovski's figurines
  • These baby penguins are still available on the Swarovski website, and they cost $80

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is a piece that I had my eye on a long time ago, and then I finally purchased it. There is something very cute about penguins, their shape, and the way they hobble around on the ice. And these mini figurines are extra cute, because they are baby penguins. I love how Swarovski incorporates all of the animals in the animal kingdom (or almost all) into their collection of crystal figurines. And I like how detailed their pieces are. They really look like true representations of real animals.

These penguins each measure about a half-inch by about three-quarters of an inch. The fun thing about these penguins is that each one of

them is posed in a different way. One of them is looking down, another one is looking slightly upward, and the third one is looking ahead of him. And they have very realistic looking eyes! They look like clear crystal with a black dot in the center.

The set includes a plastic base, as Swarovski calls it on their website. This base is supposed to be a little ice floe that you can sit the penguins on. I am very disappointed, because I did not get this ice patch when I purchased my set. The salesperson did not know that it came with the set of penguins, and I am just learning now ...

• that it does come with them. So I lost out! That makes me so sad, because that ice floe would have made the set look complete. It would have really made it look like an authentic scene from the North Pole.

I think what makes these penguins so special is the fact that Swarovski made each one of them look like they are in motion. It really feels like they are moving their heads and even their wings a little bit. It looks like they are each looking around them, as though they are new to their surroundings and are trying to get their bearings. They are babies, after all. Maybe they are

looking for their mother, who went off somewhere to find food for them, and she has been gone for a while. So now the babies are starting to worry.

See what I like about Swarovski’s figurines? You can make up your own story. These baby penguins are still available on the Swarovski website, and they cost $80. I am surprised that Swarovski has not retired them yet, since they have been on the market for years, and Swarovski has been retiring so many of their other older figurines lately. If you know someone who likes penguins, then this set of three baby penguins would make a sweet gift to put on display in a curio cabinet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4620011395930631/k2311a0120/1.20.11