Swarovski Flower in Yellow
  • Swarovski simply called this piece A Flower, but I think it is retired
  • I like the shade of yellow crystal that they chose to create this flower
  • That is incredible, considering that this piece is retired, and I paid about ten dollars more for it BEFORE it was retired

• by Lisa Pellegrini

Swarovski simply called this piece “A Flower,” but I think it is retired. I don’t know why they didn’t give it a distinct flower name, like they did with their other flower figurines that they created around the same time that they created this one. Swarovski released a series of single crystal flowers in a pot. The series was called “Happy Flowers.” It included a rose and a tulip that each came out in different color options, a daisy, a sunflower, and a violet.

This unnamed flower figurine was the first in the series. It was available in a clear crystal flower, a pink flower, and a yellow flower. I

have all three of them. The clear one came out first, so I jumped at the chance to get that one, not knowing that Swarovski was eventually going to create a pink one and a yellow one. If I had known they were going to put out two different colored flowers, then I never would have bought the colorless one!

I like the shade of yellow crystal that they chose to create this flower. It is a cheerful, lemon yellow color. Some yellows can be garish and off-putting, but this one is not. It is very inviting. This flower figurine is about two inches tall, and it is simply a ...

• single yellow flower with five rounded petals, and the flower is in a clear crystal pot that is faceted. The flower has a metal stem with two green crystal leaves attached to it. The flower has a checkerboard faceting across it, which seems to be Swarovski’s favorite faceting method. I am constantly seeing it in many of their figurines.

I like how basic this piece is, and I love the rounded petals. They are like a scalloped edging, which is a common pattern that is very feminine and pretty, and I have seen Swarovski use that design before, too.

This makes a nice gift for any woman who likes

yellow flowers. There is a website called Crystal Exchange that carries this piece for $35. That is incredible, considering that this piece is retired, and I paid about ten dollars more for it BEFORE it was retired! Usually, once a Swarovski piece is retired, the price for it goes up (wherever you can find it still in stock). But in this case, the opposite thing happened, and the price went down. So this is the time to get this beautiful flower figurine, especially with Valentine’s Day just around the corner. Flowers always make a romantic gift, and when they are made out of sparkling crystal, then that is even more romantic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4620011395910631/k2311a0120/1.20.11