Crystal Cat in Basket with Yarn
  • I bought it on QVC several years ago, back when they were dealing with a company called Crystal Dream
  • I like some of the details in this piece, like the basket handle
  • And I love how his paws look balled up as they are resting on the ball of blue yarn
  • I don't think it was necessary for this crystal company to put the lavender ribbon on top of the basket
  • I think that there is enough detail in this piece to keep me from getting bored with it as time goes on

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I wish I knew what crystal company designed this figurine. I bought it on QVC several years ago, back when they were dealing with a company called Crystal Dream. But when I google Crystal Dream, I can’t find anything. So maybe they went out of business or changed the name of their company. Or another company bought them out. I have no idea, but I just had to write about this sweet little cat figurine. It is different from my other crystal cat figurines. I only wish that QVC would bring back those crystal pieces and present them again. I used to enjoy watching those crystal presentations.

This cat figurine looks to be about two inches high and about an inch and

a half wide. This is such a cute scene. We have a clear crystal cat sitting in a basket (which is also made of clear, faceted crystal), and he is surrounded by three balls of yarn. One ball is in a really pretty pinkish magenta crystal, one ball is in blue crystal, and the third ball is in a pale pinkish lavender crystal. The balls of yarn have gold metal “needles” going through them, in order to make the yarn look realistic. The cat is resting his paws on the blue ball of yarn. On top of the basket handle is a lavender ribbon that is tied like a bow.

I like some of the details in this piece, like the basket ...

• handle. It has a rope design in it, so it’s meant to look like a real basket. The cat has black crystal eyes and a black crystal nose, and they are faceted so that light reflects off of them very nicely. The cat’s tail is pointing upwards, and it is curved in a snake-like way so that it looks like an S. I guess that means this cat is happy. And I love how his paws look balled up as they are resting on the ball of blue yarn.

I don’t think it was necessary for this crystal company to put the lavender ribbon on top of the basket. Mine came off already, and I noticed that they attached it on with

tape. So that seems kind of cheap and shabby. The piece doesn’t need anything to top it off. It looks adorable just the way it is. I like how color was used sparsely in the piece. We just have little flashes of blue, magenta, and lavender and then the black accents. I think that there is enough detail in this piece to keep me from getting bored with it as time goes on.

I only wish that the company would have put their logo underneath the basket, so that I would know who created it. But because they didn’t, I can’t give you the name of the website where you can find it, and I can’t give you the price of it either. Sorry!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4620011395900631/k2311a0120/1.20.11