Crystal Cube with Hummingbird Scene
  • Unfortunately, though, this is another one of those pieces that has no logo imprinted underneath it
  • Inside of the cube, we see a scene of a translucent white hummingbird that is hovering in the air above two interesting looking, tubular shaped flowers and their leaves
  • I think the beveled edges are a magnificent touch, since the rest of the piece is smooth crystal
  • And I love that peaceful and beautiful scene of a hummingbird in mid-air as he approaches the flowers

• by Lisa Pellegrini

Wow, this is a crystal piece that is totally different from ANYTHING else that I own in my crystal collection. I was really in awe when I stumbled upon this one. And I bet if I were looking for something like this piece, I wouldn’t be able to find it! Unfortunately, though, this is another one of those pieces that has no logo imprinted underneath it. Not that I’m interested in buying any more pieces like it from that company. This one with the hummingbird is enough for me. It just would have been nice to know who the maker of the piece is, in case I ever want to go on their website and

just browse at their products.

What I have here is a clear crystal cube that is beveled along each edge. Actually it is really more of a rectangle, but it is positioned vertically instead of horizontally. So it looks a little bit more like a cube. It is about an inch and a half tall and about an inch wide. Inside of the cube, we see a scene of a translucent white hummingbird that is hovering in the air above two interesting looking, tubular shaped flowers and their leaves. I think the beveled edges are a magnificent touch, since the rest of the piece is smooth crystal. The beveled edges allow light to come through the ...

• cube, so we get to enjoy some cool fragments of light dancing across the piece as we turn it from side to side. It has an almost geometric or architectural feeling about it because of the cubic or rectangular shape.

Now here is what’s fascinating about this piece. I have no idea what kind of material the hummingbird, flowers, and leaves are made of. I don’t know whether they are extremely fine grains of crystal. Maybe, but they don’t have the same type of luster as crystal does. They look like they are made of a sheer, gauzy fabric or a netting material of some kind. That’s what your main focus is on in

this piece. You can’t take your eyes off of it, because it is so incredible and fascinating. It makes you scratch your head and wonder how in the world the makers of this piece managed to create something that seems almost impossible to create. It almost gives you the same kind of feeling as staring at a ship in a bottle.

Anyway, that’s what it does for me, so I am glad that I purchased it. And I love that peaceful and beautiful scene of a hummingbird in mid-air as he approaches the flowers. This is such an inspiring scene for nature lovers. Besides, I don’t have any other hummingbird pieces, so I will treasure this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4620011395850631/k2311a0120/1.20.11