Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate Anti-aging Serum  » Cosmetics  »
  • I didn’t know if it was worth the added expense of shipping it online, when I could change course and use the Kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate I found at the mall
  • It was a different experience compared to applying topical creams because you can really feel the bare texture of your face
  • I like to curl in my bed covered in my thick comforters and it seems not to make my face feel humid

• by jhunie

I am somewhat fickle-minded. It’s hard for me to give an out-and-out decision right away. But one sure thing is that I cannot resist trying one product, then another. Such was the case when I sought for a new serum to replace my now empty bottle of Estee Lauder ANR. It was my beauty potion for the longest time. I didn’t know if it was worth the added expense of shipping it online, when I could change course and use the Kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate I found at the mall. In the end, my indecision favored the most practical choice and prayed this serum would be just as good, if not, better.

For the few weeks I’ve been putting this concentrated supplement for my face, I say it’s doing a good job of keeping up what my estee lauder serum had started. Well, there’s not a lot

going on, actually. My skin has maintained a certain degree of integrity and break-outs seem to happen rarely. It is okay to add some moisturizer on top of it, but I interchange between my night cream and this serum every night. I’m afraid that they’d react badly to my skin, if I choose to slap a layer of moisturizing cream, otherwise. Time and again I constantly get tiny and maybe, insignificant blemishes. I treat them with a drop of toner, which is quite strong and leaves a mark. It took more nights for the troubled patch of skin to recover, with a lingering redness, so I can’t profess that this concentrate really heals skin overnight. I couldn’t disregard however, its re-texturizing effect on my skin. I’m always surprised how smooth the blemished areas feel the next morning, as I see to it that the dry areas are given due attention before putting my makeup on.

The concentrate excels in improving the texture of my skin, but texture also happens to be its negative attribute. It has a semi-oily texture upon the skin and gives me a similar impression after touching the liquid serum to distribute it all over the face. Anyway, the serum gets absorbed quickly. The texture reminded me a little of ylang-ylang essence. It was a different experience compared to applying topical creams because you can really feel the bare texture of your face. I like to curl in my bed covered in my thick comforters and it seems not to make my face feel humid. With the estee lauder serum, I always feel refreshed afterwards. I couldn’t speak of the same thing in this concentrate, and the oily part may take the blame for that. As a whole, this ...

• Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Anti-aging Serum
      so-called beauty elixir is pretty solid. Though just like the rest of them, it isn’t quite productive in terms of producing dramatic results.

First thing that came into my head upon seeing the bottle was the name, I felt dubious as to why they called this serum ‘midnight’ – was it supposed to be applied at midnight? Or, I’m just taking it out of marketing context to sound different than other serums. The term applies to me though since I go about the last leg of my beauty routine, way past bed time already. Sometimes, I’m still wearing my PM moisturizer past midnight and wash my face in the wee hours of dawn. In days I had applied the serum, my face feels less dewy in the morning than yesterday’s moisturizer. I can really point out the difference. So that suggests that the concentrate isn’t as heavy

as cream moisturizers. It is infused with a very nice smell. I can’t pin down what the scent is exactly, but it smells of light essential oils and a shy earthy floral.

The concentrate comes in a medicine-like bottle and the dropper is easy to control. I only give myself a dose of 2 drops per application, because as what I’ve mentioned, I fear that the oily consistency might be too much. The beauty product is just one of those items you’d save up for and something you can only afford once in a while, considering its 40 dollar price tag. So it’s mandatory that I must consume this 30 ml bottle (and maybe slip back to estee lauder). I give this beauty product my recommendation. I can’t be sure if estee lauder was better (I told you I’m indecisive!), yet this one may be enough to form a habit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120011395780631/k2311a0120/1.20.11