Glisten Brand Dishwasher Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • When it was done and I opened my dishwasher, I could not believe how clean it looked, and it smelled amazing
  • It does deliver great results, and I think I can get by doing a cleaning like that about once every 6 months
  • Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone who has an odor in their dishwasher, or is having problems with spots on the dishes

• by mariekay

We use our dishwasher every day, sometimes even twice a day, and while we are happy with its performance overall, there are times when it doesn’t seem to be as clean as it should, and occasionally it has a strange odor to it that seems to seep into even the clean dishes. I had also been noticing that our dishes didn’t always get totally clean, and quite often there would be spots or even a film on glasses. I wasn’t sure how I was supposed to clean out the dishwasher, so I looked in the cleaning aisle at the grocery store and

found a product called Glisten Brand Dishwasher Cleaner, and it even happened to be on sale. The dishwasher cleaner is supposed to remove stains, discolorations, rust, and odors from the dishwasher and leave it clean and fresh-smelling.

The product was easy to use, you just place it in the same spot that you usually put the dishwasher soap, and then you run the dishwasher as you would when doing dishes. The first time I used this product, I could smell the fresh scent as the dishwasher cycle was running. When it was done and I opened my dishwasher, I could not believe how clean it looked, and it smelled amazing. The inside of the dishwasher looked like brand new. I guess I didn’t even realize how dirty it was before until I used this product and saw the sparkling clean results! The smell was also a fresh, clean scent and any odors that were there before had vanished. The smell was not overwhelming or perfume-y at all, it just smelled really fresh.

Over the next week, I realized that not only was the inside of my dishwasher cleaner than ever, but my dishes came out cleaner than they had before. The spots ...

• Glisten Brand Dishwasher Cleaner
      on the glasses were gone, and the dishes sparkled. This product really did live up to its claims and I was very happy with it.

The only concern I had was that the product was recommended for use once a month. The Glisten product costs about $5, and that’s just for a one-time use. I got it on sale and only paid about $4, but I still think that’s a bit pricey for only getting one use out of it. So, although the product does work well, I might seek out less-expensive alternatives to try for next time. I don’t think

there is a need to use this product once a month. It does deliver great results, and I think I can get by doing a cleaning like that about once every 6 months. I also heard that using vinegar or another inexpensive product would deliver similar results.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone who has an odor in their dishwasher, or is having problems with spots on the dishes. This product is very effective and it works great for cleaning and removing odors. If you don’t mind the high price tag, give this product a try, you will be pleased with the results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5320011395200531/k2311a0120/1.20.11