Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether  » Baby care  »
  • I bought the first one off the recommendation of a friend who had a teething baby
  • I saw how much my friend’s baby loved the teether, and I decided to purchase one to keep in my home
  • I think the cold feeling wasn’t comfortable to them
  • It’s about $15, but in my opinion, it’s worth the price
  • The toy is not exactly a choking hazard, but could cause gagging (Although half the time the babies would gag on their own hands or fingers anyway) Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has a teething baby

• by mariekay

I actually purchased two of these teethers. I bought the first one off the recommendation of a friend who had a teething baby. I saw how much my friend’s baby loved the teether, and I decided to purchase one to keep in my home. I have two toddlers in my care, and when they were babies and they were teething, I needed something that they could put into their mouth and chew on to relieve some of the discomfort from the teeth coming in. I had tried those rings that you put in the freezer, but the babies didn’t take to

them. I think the cold feeling wasn’t comfortable to them. Even when I gave them the teething rings at room temperature, they just weren’t that interested. Most of the times, the babies would just suck on their fingers, or even shove their whole hand in their mouth.

Once I got the Sofie Giraffe, it was like a miracle. The toy if soft enough so that when baby bites on it, it releases a bit. But it’s also firm enough to give gentle pressure to baby’s gums. The giraffe is cute and colorful, and it’s long legs make it easy for baby to hold on to and grip. It’s also easy for baby to transfer the teether from one had to the other because of the way it’s shaped. When I saw how effective this toy was, I purchased another one. Each baby had their own, and they both loved them.

The teether is a bit more expensive than others I had seen. It’s about $15, but in my opinion, it’s worth the price. It’s better to spend some money on something that is effective and will last than to buy a cheap toy that baby doesn’t even like.

The teether ...

• Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether
      is made of all safe materials. The only concern a parent or caregiver might have is that I noticed that the legs of the giraffe can cause baby to gag if they put it too far into their mouths. I always made sure I supervised the babies when they were chewing on the teethers just in case. I would definitely recommend that a very young baby be constantly supervised in case they could not pull the giraffe out of their mouth by themselves. Both of the babies in my care used this toy to chew on when they were old enough
      to know to pull it out of their mouth if they gagged on it. The toy is not exactly a choking hazard, but could cause gagging (Although half the time the babies would gag on their own hands or fingers anyway)

Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has a teething baby. Now that both of my babies are toddlers, they still play with the giraffe. They still like to chew on it, I think it creates a comfortable feeling in their mouth. This toy is a must-have for any baby that is teething. It’s worth the money for a good product.

Donna says :

re : The toy is not exactly a choking hazard, but could cause gagging (Although half the time the babies would gag on their own hands or fingers anyway) Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has a teething baby
My granddaughter has one and loves it. It is small enough to put in her mouth but you don t have to worry about a choking hazard. It is easy for her to hold by her self. And it is not too hard on her gums.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5420011395160531/k2311a0120/1.20.11