Pepto Bismol Caplets  » Medicine  »
  • I think this is due to my unhealthy diet, but I am not quite ready to change it
  • The caplets were chewable, which I did not think was the best, but was willing to try almost anything
  • I did not plan on taking more than 16 and did not think that this would pose a problem
  • I thought that the flavor was pretty much the same as the liquid, but it had kind of a gooey texture to it
  • I could see myself using this product again, because it definitely settled my indigestion and heartburn

• by adrean_j

I have been having a lot of problems with my digestion and heartburn. I think this is due to my unhealthy diet, but I am not quite ready to change it. I usually just try to find medicines that help me cope with these issues. I have used Pepto Bismol before for multiple digestion problems but have never really liked the taste or texture. That is why I jumped out at the chance to try the Pepto Bismol caplets that I saw at my local pharmacy. The caplets were about 6 dollars and I got a box of 40. The caplets were chewable, which I did not think was the best, but was willing to try almost anything. I

The tablets were pink in color and had the same bright tone as the liquid Pepto Bismol. The directions state that these caplets can be taken every half hour to one hour and that no more than 16 should be exceeded in a day. I did not plan on taking more than 16 and did not think that this would pose a problem.

I first used these chewable when I had some very bad indigestion along with some mild heartburn. I was to the point where I did not even want to drink water because I was scared of further agitation. When I put these caplets in my mouth I could feel them dissolving before I even started ...

• to chew. I thought that the flavor was pretty much the same as the liquid, but it had kind of a gooey texture to it. I did not particularly like the flavor because it had kind of a mint undertone to it. The caplets were easy to swallow once dissolved, but did leave somewhat of an aftertaste. I took two tablets initially and did not feel any relief right away. I thought that I would feel something instantly but did not. I ended up waiting another 30 minutes and taking two more of these tablets. After the second two, I felt some relief and this time it was almost instantly. My stomach was starting to settle and I
        felt no heartburn at all. I did not have to take any more of these caplets for the rest of the day and thought that they worked sufficiently. I don’t 30 minutes is too bad considering some medications take much longer to kick in.

I think that this is a good medicine, but still has that same old Pepto Bismol flavor that I love to hate. I think that they are more convenient than original Pepto because it can be taken almost anywhere and inconspicuously. I also like the fact that they are mess free. I always hated washing out the little medicine cup after each dose. I could see myself using this product again, because it definitely settled my indigestion and heartburn.

Pepto Bismol Caplets

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2620011395010431/k2311a0120/1.20.11