Equate Super Absorbent Care Regular Heavy Maxi Pads  » Health  »
  • When I opened the pads, I noticed that they were very plain
  • The pads were soft, but also kind of short for what I like
  • From then on I used two of these pads at once and had a much better experience
  • I found myself changing the pad every 4 hours, which is normal for me
  • I would not necessarily recommend these pads, but would not discourage anyone from using them either

• by adrean_j

I try to make time to do my feminine shopping on my own whenever possible. However, on some occasions my husband does the shopping and will pick something up for me. The last time he brought my maxi pads home, I was a little upset at his choice. It was not exactly what I was looking for, but I knew I would have to use them. He purchased the Equate Super Absorbent Care Regular Heavy Maxi Pads from Wal-Mart. These pads were a good bargain because he got a pack of 48 for only 4 dollars and they were individually wrapped. When I opened the pads, I noticed

that they were very plain. They did not have any wings or any real signature that shows extra leak protection. The pads were soft, but also kind of short for what I like. They fit in the seat of my panties perfectly, but I always like the extra protection of a little more length.

These maxi pads had very strong sticky tape, that stuck to my underwear easily. I did not have to really rub it in or worry about it and it stuck perfectly as I placed it on my panties. The pad was pretty comfortable as I wore it and it seemed barely there. That was ...

• until I had some leakage problems and all of a sudden felt wetness. Like I had suspected, there was not quite enough length on these pads and I had leakage in my front area. From then on I used two of these pads at once and had a much better experience. The pads hold a considerable amount of fluid, and I did not feel the need to change too often. I found myself changing the pad every 4 hours, which is normal for me. I have also worn these pads overnight, and had a decent experience with it. I did have two nights where there was a tad
        bit of leakage on the sides, but that can be expected with no wings attached.

I think that these maxi pads from Equate are alright. They work sufficiently, but could be better in certain areas. I don’t prefer them, however, and don’t see myself every purchasing them again. I got a large amount of pads for a fair price, but I needed to double them up. I ended up getting the same amount of usage out of them as any standard size package of pads I use. There were about four or five left over. I would not necessarily recommend these pads, but would not discourage anyone from using them either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420011394850431/k2311a0120/1.20.11