Addams Family Values (1993 movie)  » Movies  »
  • Uncle Fester is a funny and creepy character, but to focus most of the movie’s development on him and his love life was not the best idea

• by sarahdragon26

While this movie brought back the original characters as well as the same actors who played them, it was just lacking in the area of what I was looking for in a sequel to the first movie. It had all of the chemistry and potential for the greatness of the first movie, but like in many sequels, it was like this movie was just trying too hard to be like the first movie. Trying to recreate its success. And don’t get me wrong, it was a good movie, just not as good as the first one.

Uncle Fester is a funny and

creepy character, but to focus most of the movie’s development on him and his love life was not the best idea. Yet, throwing in the new baby and the children going to summer camp wasn’t much better. Having those three different plotlines to follow, really gave the movie in general, no where to go that was important. I can imagine the horror the children would feel being in summer camp with normal people, but the other children in the camp were so stereotypical that it was a little silly to think about it. Most of the girls were blondes and very stuck-up.

• The exact opposite of the Addams’ children, yes, but it was still silly.

But I have to say the best part of the whole movie had to do with the new baby. I mean, the baby looked like a baby version of Gomez Addams, but when Uncle Fester left the family fold, the baby got sick. Everything started to be all lace, and curls, and colors. Nothing that would ever been seen in the Addams’ house. I remember laughing my head off when they walked in to see the baby, and he had a blue baby’s outfit on with golden curls on

his head. I was dieing, because it was funny to see Gomez’s reaction. He pasted out of the room because it was the exact opposite of him. I’m laughing right now just thinking about it.

While this movie had so much potential to be funny, it might missed a lot of marks. I can’t say what would have been funnier or better, maybe less focus on Fester’s love life and the baby, but with what they had to work with, it was a good movie. I don’t watch it over and over again, but I will watch it every few months or so.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120011394600431/k2311a0120/1.20.11