Lord of the Flies book  » Books  »
1.0
  • I felt like I was being forced to read this because someone else thought it was amazing
  • I know that this book was thought of as being one of the best because it displayed the causes and effects of this kind of lifestyle that the children who were on the island were forced to endure
  • I can’t say I enjoyed this book because I didn’t

• by sarahdragon26

This is one of those books that most kids in school are forced to read as part of the English classes. It’s one of those books that is thought of as a classic and just because of that, everyone else is being forced to read it. And that’s how it felt to me. I felt like I was being forced to read this because someone else thought it was amazing. I certainly didn’t.

Yes, it

displays the common idea that in a closed off or isolate community, there will always be different groups with their own ideas and different people who feel they should have all the power. That is a basic idea of the world in general. Even as I read this book, all I could think of, was why is this book thought of as such a classic. This idea isn’t exactly new. The writer just put a ...

• different style to it. I’ve seen this done in real life as well as episodes of the Simpsons, but they’re not thought of as classics. Maybe if they were written down, they would be. I know that this book was thought of as being one of the best because it displayed the causes and effects of this kind of lifestyle that the children who were on the island were forced to endure. It shows how
        quickly some can be convinced of things as well as how some people, in light of hard times, remain true to themselves. All well and good.

I can’t say I enjoyed this book because I didn’t. Sadly, this is not my type of reading material that I can sit down with and really enjoy. For others, yes, but for me, it was something I had to physically force myself to read and that’s not enjoyment. That’s work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1720011394580431/k2311a0120/1.20.11