Cherry Walnut Cheesecake
  • As this is the time of the year that we gather together to thank the Lord for a good year, I make it a point to make dining a memorable occasion – I only serve the best
  • I found this cheesecake to be too sweet for me, and I am a confessed cake-lover
  • One whole cake cost approximately US$22 with the per slice costing around US$4
  • There were other cakes in the list that we tried and which I thought deserved to be there

• by LaPinay

I served the Cherry Walnut Cheesecake from Cravings in one of our holiday tables. As this is the time of the year that we gather together to thank the Lord for a good year, I make it a point to make dining a memorable occasion – I only serve the best. I saw the Cherry Walnut Cheesecake in a daily paper’s list of 25 best desserts in the country.

I was surprised with the inclusion of

a cake from Cravings because I have on several occasions tasted their cakes. They usually look good but are not too memorable.

But the fact that Cravings has a culinary school convinced me to rely on the list.

The Cherry Walnut Cheesecake is well, a cheesecake made with white chocolate and with an Oreo Crumble base.

It is mixed with walnuts and topped with cherry syrup swirls. So if you are a fan of cheesecakes, then ...

• this might just be up your alley.

Unfortunately, I am not. I found this cheesecake to be too sweet for me, and I am a confessed cake-lover.

I could not taste the walnut, but my relatives swear that the cake had crushed walnut. I did notice that it was creamier than most cheesecakes.

Most of the cheesecakes I have tasted usually have that gelatinous texture as a result of adding some gelatin in the cheesecake. This

Cherry Walnut Cheesecake was pure cheesecake, with none of that gelatin nonsense.

One whole cake cost approximately US$22 with the per slice costing around US$4. It’s pretty steep probably because I did not like it much.

There were other cakes in the list that we tried and which I thought deserved to be there. I have my reservations in this one.

Truthfully, it is not the best cheesecake that I have tasted, but I guess everyone has their own list.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2720011394410331/k2311a0120/1.20.11