Beer Samuel Adams Cream Stout  » Food  »
  • I usually tend to gear myself towards something with more hops, but I enjoy a good stout
  • This is a good stand-alone brew, but I could see it being enjoyed with a slice of cake or some sugar cookies
  • My only issue My main recommendation is to make sure this beer is served a little bit on the warm side
  • For example, if it’s been in the fridge for a while, I suggest letting it sit out (unopened) for about 10 or 12 minutes
  • From my own experience, most beer tends to taste better when it’s gotten a little warm, especially darker, heavier brews like this

• by Owl Pacino

I had this from a bottle, poured into a 16 oz. pilsner glass (a.k.a. my standard high-class glassware). Once poured, the beer produced a faint, tan-colored, 1-finger thick head with lacing that lasted throughout the entire drink.

The beer is a very dark brown, almost opaque with a little light seeping through. The aroma was faint, and I had to

swirl it around a little bit to get the scent. It’s got a sweet, pastry-like aroma to it. If I had to put it into words, I would say some sort of pound cake/coffee cake.

The taste had traces of biscuit and sponge cake with some chocolate malts that were noticeable, but not overpowering. This was a smooth drink as well, with little carbonation to speak of, and barely any hops. It had a creamy mouthfeel to it, almost like a melted milkshake.

Overall, this was a very enjoyable, well-balanced beer. I usually tend to gear myself towards something with more hops, but I enjoy a good stout. This is a good stand-alone brew, but I could see ...

• Beer Samuel Adams Cream Stout
      it being enjoyed with a slice of cake or some sugar cookies. My only issue

My main recommendation is to make sure this beer is served a little bit on the warm side. For example, if it’s been in the fridge for a while, I suggest letting it sit out (unopened) for about 10 or 12 minutes. From my

own experience, most beer tends to taste better when it’s gotten a little warm, especially darker, heavier brews like this. There is a density that can’t be denied, but that’s OK. You won’t be throwing back 10 of these in a night, and that’s not the point. Sam Adams Cream Stout should be enjoyed patiently, and it’s certainly worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719011394311031/k2311a0119/1.19.11