Lender’s Onion Bagel Shop Bagels
  • I like to eat them more than I like to eat regular or plain bagels
  • My favorite kind is the savory type of bagel, onion being one of the best in my opinion
  • I think in general these bagels have just the right amount of sweetness and savory tastes
  • These bagels have a great onion taste in my opinion, complete with several bits of chewy onion mixed into the dough

• by sarahanne

I love onion bagels! I like to eat them more than I like to eat regular or plain bagels. Because I don’t like to eat cream cheese on my bagels, it’s important to me that the bagels taste great all by themselves. My favorite kind is the savory type of bagel, onion being one of the best in my opinion. I think in general these bagels have just the right amount of sweetness and savory tastes. I recently bought Lender’s Onion Bagels because at $1.79 for six of these bagels, it was the

cheapest the store had to offer.

These bagels have a great onion taste in my opinion, complete with several bits of chewy onion mixed into the dough. And I think they’re magnificent when toasted, like the best bagels should be! They are a good size, I think, and toasting them in the oven doesn’t take too long, only a few minutes. Once they’re toasted, they do take on a crunchy outside while the inner section is warm and nicely chewy. I discovered that it’s important not to toast these for too long, however,

• because the inner part of the bagel will begin to dry out and become too crispy, and that’s not the way that I personally like it. I also really appreciate that these bagels are pre-sliced, which saves me some trouble and makes them easier to toast. Another thing that I appreciate about these bagels, which are located in the refrigerated section, is that they do tend to maintain their freshness longer than those that may be found in the bread aisle.

These bagels are 210 calories each and contain a total of 2

grams of fat per bagel. I like that these are high in B vitamins, too, so they do have some nutritional punch, which is another plus in my opinion. They offer 20 percent of the daily value of thiamin, or vitamin B1, 10 percent of the daily value of riboflavin, or vitamin B2, 15 percent of the daily value of niacin, or vitamin B3, and 20 percent of the daily value of folate.

I do really love these bagels and whenever I’m in the mood these are the ones I always reach for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719011394151031/k2311a0119/1.19.11