Having a Horse as a Pet  » Pets  »
  • I personally own a horse and it was the best descision my parents ever made
  • I stay out of trouble and make great grades because I know if I dont, my horse will be taken away

• by somefuntooo

Having a horse as a pet is a HUGE responsibillity. Everyone says that pets period are a big responsibility, but horses are by far the biggest. Whether you are a parent wondering if you should get your daughter that pony shes been asking for, or if you are an adult wondering if a horse is right for you, you should read what I have to say. First you have to pick what breed of horse you would like.

Just going out to buy a horse without any research on their breed is highly unadvisable. Different breeds have different personalitys that range from very sweet to

outright rude. Then, you should pick what size horse you want.

If you are interested in riding a horse then you need a horse that matches your height, not to big or you wont be able to control it, and not to small so you wont hurt their back. Also, you need to make sure you are buying the horse from a trusted dealer. In many cases, people sell horses and lie about them.

They say that the horse is perfectly sound (nothing is wrong with them)and you see the horse and they appear fine! But many horse dealers drug ...

• the horse while you’re their visiting. Where are you going to keep it? If you are planning on keeping it in your back yard you should be aware of a few things. They need a big fenced in area.

They need to be fed 2 times a day. They need a place to go in bad weather. They need shots.

Biggest of all, they need love. But if you have spare money, I HIGHLY suggest that you pay to board them somewhere. That price is normally in the 400 dollar range depending on where you live.

The place you board your horse at will take

care of everything for you. But make sure the place is safe and make sure you visit it before hand. I personally own a horse and it was the best descision my parents ever made.

It taught me dedication like you could not believe. I stay out of trouble and make great grades because I know if I dont, my horse will be taken away. There is nothing in the world greater than the love I have for my horse.

I warn you, DO NOT buy a horse if you do not have the time. It takes up all of my free time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2919011393810931/k2311a0119/1.19.11