readbud.com  » Scam  »
2.5
  • But greed overtook me and I ignored this nagging issue which I constantly encountered in forums
  • Finally, I learned a lot from the articles that they made me read, and I have even taken some notes from it, applied some suggestions and actually improved my income

• by LaPinay

It has become increasingly difficult to find ways to earn off the internet. Scams abound and if you are not careful, you will fall into one. Readbud is one such trap waiting for unsuspecting internet-preneur. I was in my usual paid-to-post, mylot.com when I chanced upon a discussion on readbud. The concept is easy enough – read some articles and then rate it. Membership is free and you get to choose the topics that you read and rate. Minimum payout was US$50. It was an intriguing concept and certainly, for people like me who love to read (so much that I even read flyers and advertisements), this was an easy way to make money. So I signed up

and began my road to US$50.

At first, it puzzled me how they can make money to pay people. But greed overtook me and I ignored this nagging issue which I constantly encountered in forums. Aside from making a few dollars doing something I do anyway, I wanted to investigate this new scheme so I can write about it in forums, blogs and review sites. I made the first few dollars easily enough. Every article has a price depending on the length. At first I was able to make up to US$2 a day. In my calculation, I can easily get to payout in a month or so. But this was too easy and I guess that should ...

• have been a red flag given that my nose has to bleed first before I can earn US$2 a day in most sites. Once I breached the US$20 mark, articles were hard to come by until I was only getting 1-2 articles as I approached US$50 payout. It took me a good seven (7) months to reach the goal! When I finally reached it, I eagerly cashed-out. I received an automated response that I would get a response within two weeks or so whether I qualify or not. I announced this in discussion forums and I received responses asking to keep them updated. In the meantime, readbud encouraged me to continue rating, which I did pending the result
        of my request. That was three months ago, and after numerous follow-ups, I have finally come to the conclusion that they had no intention of paying me – in short, I was scammed.

I do venture to say that in terms of degree, readbud does not rank high in terms of scams. For one, I did not shell out any money to rate the articles. Secondly, I only spent about 10-15 minutes a day at most doing work for them. Finally, I learned a lot from the articles that they made me read, and I have even taken some notes from it, applied some suggestions and actually improved my income. So I am not too mad at readbud.com for leading me on.

readbud.com
    Indrajit Prasad says :

I am at 20 . I think i am scammed. Where to report??

hyphey92 says :

Open a support ticket, but they never respond

ALDRIN PANGANIBAN says :

The support tickets raised all went to waste, as if nobody was reading it or nobody was there to even receive the tickets raised.

vida says :

where ever you reside, you can google, cyber crime report-”your city name”. hope you get the scammers. they are like parasites on the web.

ALDRIN PANGANIBAN says :

Readbud used to pay around 2010 but after that, seems they went bankrupt or something that starting 2011, nobody got paid anymore. I was at $ 30 and stopped until I read negative reviews from bloggers and various forums. Lesson here is to check for any payout proof from other members prior to engaging in similar sites.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6019011393770931/k2311a0119/1.19.11