Jelly Belly Very Cherry Pudding Snacks
  • They’re very brightly colored, and, while I wasn’t expecting to be blown away, I thought I’d pick this flavor up for a change of pace
  • It’s somewhere in between, which was kind of the best I was hoping for
  • One of the things I noticed when I finished eating it was that it had a really refreshing taste, which I don’t often get after eating pudding
  • But I think this kind of treat is good for an occasional indulgence, and certainly not something to eat every day
  • I recommend it for people who might like a little something different

• by sarahanne

I’ve recently become intrigued by the offerings in the pudding aisle. In addition to the traditional chocolate, vanilla, tapioca, and butterscotch, I now see daring new fruit-flavored puddings like Very Cherry in packages of four cups. They’re very brightly colored, and, while I wasn’t expecting to be blown away, I thought I’d pick this flavor up for a change

of pace.

I liked the red color of this pudding. It looks very bright and vibrant, and even though that color is from artificial sources, it’s still very enticing. I tasted it and found that it does have a bit of a “fruity” flavor. It’s not obviously cherry-flavored, but it’s not too much of a stretch to call this cherry pudding as well. It’s somewhere in between, which was kind of the best I was hoping for. One of the things I noticed when I finished eating it was that it had a really refreshing taste, which I don’t often get after eating pudding. Often I feel satisfied, if a little heavy, especially if it’s a rich pudding ...

• Jelly Belly Very Cherry Pudding Snacks
      made with chocolate or butterscotch. So I liked how different this stuff tasted from what I was used to.

Like most packaged puddings, there is some addition of chemicals and additives, however, which I’m not crazy about. It uses artificial flavors and colors for instance. As for calories, there are 110 per pudding cup, and less than 2 grams

of fat. There isn’t much here nutritionally, of course, except for some calcium because of the dairy products used in it, and a little bit of protein. But I think this kind of treat is good for an occasional indulgence, and certainly not something to eat every day. I recommend it for people who might like a little something different.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719011393550731/k2311a0119/1.19.11