Weider 155 Exercise Bench
  • So I paid the extra money and got a new bar with 300 lbs of weight to go with the bench
  • I would recommend this bench to anyone who is first starting out with their weight lifting program, or just wants to burn a few calories here and there
  • It's definitely not a bench for an experienced power-lifter

• by godsmacked460
      I’ve had my Weider 155 Exercise Bench for about a year now. I’m pretty satisfied with it, for it being a pretty cheap bench. DURABILITY The bench is quite stable, it’s lasted the year pretty well, it’s still strong, and hasn’t had to be adjusted or anything to maintain the stability of the legs/weight holders or anything. None of the joins have had to be oiled either, they’ve all stayed pretty well-maintained.

I’m quite satisfied with the overall durability of the bench. WEIGHT The bench only comes with a very light, cheap bar, weighing somewhere around 2 pounds. So the bar can only support around 100 pounds, and that’s exactly what the set comes with.

I eventually got to the point where I could bench everything

that came with the set at least 10 times without a spot (meaning it was easy enough to be done safely). I got really bored of not having much of a challenge with the light amount of weight that came with the set. So I paid the extra money and got a new bar with 300 lbs of weight to go with the bench.

The bench can still support the new bar quite well, even when I put 150 lbs on, which is what I’m currently benchpressing. The bench is a little shaky when no one’s on it, meaning I can move it around a little. VERSATILITY There are many different exercises which I can do on the bench, that will actually work out my entire ...

• body.

Many people don’t know all of the different exercises you can do with a weight set. You can always benchpress, incline press, legpress, and leg-press flys. But there’re so many other things you can do.

Just with the bar you can: -Squat (safety assistance needed) -Deadlift (might need the exercise belt) -Barbell curls (spot) With the Bench alone you can: -Incline Situps -Situps -Use your arms behind you to lift you from the ground to the bench, fully extending elbows. -legs on bench, do pushups etc. There are tons of types of workouts you can do with an exercise bench.

I’ve also purchased a pair of dumbells, which i can use with the bench as well. I can do Dumbell flys, dumbell presses, dumbell pushups,

etc… All using the Weider 155 Exercise Bench!

OVERALL PRODUCT Overall, I’m quite satisfied with the bench, especially for such a low price that I got it at. I purchased my entire set for somewhere around 100 about a year back.

and the bench still works great. especially with the new bar, however the old one was still functioning perfectly, just couldn’t support a lot of weight safely. I would recommend this bench to anyone who is first starting out with their weight lifting program, or just wants to burn a few calories here and there.

It’s definitely not a bench for an experienced power-lifter. You’ll need additional weight if you’re interested in lifting a decent amount… Because the original bar comes in two pieces which you have to bolt together. and can’t support much weight at all before it splits in half.

Orion says :

I just bought this bench yesterday. I have yet to put it together, but figured I would just free lift with some weight on the bar. So I go to put the bar together, and go to put the rolling pins in.. and they are way to big. I figured you had to smash them till they were small enough to fit into the hole where they are needed. Did you have this problem? If so, what did you do to make them fit?

Hunter84 says :

question anybody have a copy of the step by step exercise guide?

John says :

You can find the user guide online. Here’s a link to download:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341803139340831/k2311a0318/3.18.07