Spongebob Squarepants Episode: Big Sister Sam  » TV  »
2.5
  • I wasn't sure I was going to like this one at first but it turned out to be a surprisingly funny episode

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Patrick’s older sister Sam comes for a visit and her temper causes a war with both Squidward and Spongebob. What I liked about this episode: I wasn’t sure I was going to like this one at first but it turned out to be a surprisingly funny episode.

Sam loves her little brother and, thinking Squidward and Spongebob are mean people both to her and her brother, uses her abnormal strength

to destroy houses and beat them up.

It was one of those episodes that keep you watching just because you wonder what is going to end up happening next and it really didn’t let us down.

Heck she was even being violent as she was making amends and leaving and I couldn’t help but laugh about that.

What I didn’t like about this episode: This is the parent in me, but ...

• while funny, I did think there was slightly more violence from this episode than is probably suitable for kids.

It was one thing to see her destroy buildings.

But, there were several other parts that saw her throwing people into walls or putting them in a bear hug.

Also, I have to say the only reason there was even an episode was Squidward’s sudden stupidity.

I understand him being upset with

her but, after getting a close up of her super strength, you think he would have just shut up and waited out her visit (him and Spongebob both).

My Final Opinion: The episode was funny at times but I really wasn’t as big of a fan of it as I’ve been with other episodes from this series.

And, to be perfectly honest, the extra violence will make me think twice about letting my kids watch this episode.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1019011393360731/k2311a0119/1.19.11