Velvet Revolver live in houston DVD  » Movies  »
  • I bought the Velvet Revolver dvd live in Houston at FYI and that band totally rocked that show which was filmed in 2004 in some large theater
  • I particularly enjoyed watching Slash play his amazing solos especially in songs like Slither and the cool ending jam in Illegal I song
  • The best song on this dvd would be Fall to Pieces
  • I don't like all the crazy lights, and the kaleidoscope type shots and point of view shots didn't fit at all
  • The dvd also featured some clips of how the band got together which was pretty interesting

• by pango14762

I bought the Velvet Revolver dvd live in Houston at FYI and that band totally rocked that show which was filmed in 2004 in some large theater. The band seemed like they were really tight that night and had a great time jamming. I particularly enjoyed watching Slash play his amazing solos especially in songs like Slither and the cool ending jam in Illegal I song. Dave Kushner was on the top of his game as well with his solid rhythm guitar and various sustained effects during certain songs. He even shows off some of his lead skills in Set Me Free. Scott Weiland did a great with his own Stone Temple

Pilots songs like Crackerman and most of the Velvet Revolver material. He was a little flat in some vocal parts, but he really puts on a good show especially with his funny dancing.

You certainly can’t forget Duff Mckagan who is the master of bass and the guy behind those big background harmonies. He sounds bad in a few songs too but his gritty voice matches his style of music. Finally the back bone of the band is the drummer Matt Sorum. His up tempo and fast grooves make Velvet Revolver what they are. My favorite part by him in the show is in the ending of Sex Type Thing where ...

• he drum on Slash’s guitar as well as playing a cool drum solo.

The best song on this dvd would be Fall to Pieces. slash’s melodic lines and Scott’s vocals are amazing in this power ballad. My least favorite would have to be Illegal I song. The jam in the bridge with all the weird synth noises was cool, but his vocals were extremely flat and the ending is just obnoxious. The only Guns N’ Roses songs they played were I used to Love her, and It’s so easy and they did them just as good as the original. My opinion on the footage is negative on this concert. I don’t like

all the crazy lights, and the kaleidoscope type shots and point of view shots didn’t fit at all. they should of just streamed it through and only changed the position of the camera like most live dvds do.

The dvd also featured some clips of how the band got together which was pretty interesting. I liked how they showed clips of them getting back to a straight drug free life and jamming togetheer in rehearal. It was aspiring to me since im a musician as well. Nonetheless, this is an enjoyable dvd if you’re a GNR and Velvet Revolver fan. It may have it’s faults but for the majority it really rocks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119011393290731/k2311a0119/1.19.11