Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls & Waves Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
  • So I decided to purchase products for my hair especially for curls
  • I found Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls & Waves Conditioner
  • It's softer and I think it reduced the frizz even though there wasn't really obvious frizz even before I used the conditioner

• by autumndreamer

I don’t have natural curls. I actually just had my hair digitally permed last month. So I decided to purchase products for my hair especially for curls. I found Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls & Waves Conditioner. I purchased the shampoo too. The conditioner has cute descriptions written on the bottle. It encouraged me more to purchase the item. It weighs 12 ounces or 340 grams. It’s in a big violet bottle. It’s infused with French lavender and jade extracts. My first impression was that it is going to smell like lavender but I’m a bit hesitant if the fragrance will last long. I’ve tried lots of conditioners before that fragrances don’t stay long on my hair.

So on my first wash, I drenched my hair with the conditioner. I feel like I really have to hydrate and moisturize my permed hair because of the chemicals that it went to. I twisted and massaged my curls. It’s relaxing to use the conditioner. It’s so soft

on my hair. I can feel the creaminess on my hair. And I love the fragrance. I just wished that time that the fragrance would stay long on my hair. It smells like lavender, it smells fresh and clean. I let the conditioner for like more than 5 minutes while doing some others things on the shower. While rinsing, my hair feels so soft and smooth. I did not rinse it all off. I’m careful to rinse the conditioner from my scalp but I left a little bit amount of conditioner on the hair especially on the ends to moisturize it. Then I dried my hair. I towel dried and dried my curls naturally. The moment I went out of the bathroom, the smell of the conditioner permeated in the room and my mom was there near me. She could smell the fragrance and complimented the smell of my hair. She said whatever I used smells really good.

While drying, I twist my curls into ...

• spirals. I can feel that even it’s not yet completely dried, my curls became softer and smoother than it was when I wasn’t using the conditioner yet. When it’s completely dried, my curls are neat and manageable. I can easily style it and twist and twirl it the way I want. It’s softer and I think it reduced the frizz even though there wasn’t really obvious frizz even before I used the conditioner. But I can really feel the softness of my hair. I can smell the fragrance too. If I’m at home all day, the scent lasts all day until evening. If I’m at school, the fragrance is strong by daytime but by nighttime, it has faded a bit. I can still smell the fragrance by nighttime but by sniffing my hair. The fragrance is not so strong anymore by nighttime but at least it still stays that long. By the next day, the fragrance is almost not there anymore but I can
        still smell a little bit of it if I sniff my hair. It’s a good thing this conditioner have that long lasting fragrance, and the softness too. I use it together with the shampoo.

Overall, I think this is a good conditioner for curly hair whether it’s naturally curly or it was just permed. I think the conditioner holds my curls really well. It defines and maintains my curls. I feel like my curls are like bouncing whenever I use this. My hair doesn’t feel crunchy, frizzy, or unruly. I don’t find any negatives on this conditioner. If I ran out of this, maybe I will try other Herbal Essences conditioner, just in case I might find something better than this. But if I didn’t find something better than this, I’ll stick to this for a long time. It’s only $4.75 and pretty much available in every store. It is worth my money because the amount of the conditioner is considerable and I can use it for a long time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119011393190731/k2311a0119/1.19.11