Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • I believe the ColorStay has the right balance

• by susie.qsie

Revlon ColorStay foundation is my go-to foundation for every day wear. I first used it about 4 months ago and it has become my staple for everyday. I have tried other liquid foundations that streaked and didn’t provide coverage as well as cream foundations that just felt too heavy and caked-on. I believe the ColorStay has the right balance. I didn’t look streaky and it still covered evenly to provide a great tone to my combination skin.

As mentioned, I have combination skin and when worn over a make-up primer, the Revlon foundation does not look slick in spots on my skin and cakey-dry in others as it does with other liquid foundations. I am happy with its coverage of my blemishes but it doesn’t look like I applied it with a paint roller either.

I applied this particular foundation with my fingers, rather than using a brush or make-up sponge. It went on smoothly ...

• and blended nicely. It did, however, dry quickly after being dabbed on so if you use this product, remember to start blending it in right away. As long as I got it worked on over my skin right away, I didn’t have any streaking.

This foundation stayed on right through my work day. I did need to pat with powder on my forehead every now and again to take away shine but overall, it did not need

many touch-ups to get through the work day and it didn’t feel like it was sliding down my face either. If I had been going somewhere after work though, I would need to touch up to get through til bedtime.

Overall, Revlon ColorStay foundation is a great choice for everyday wear because it is also reasonably priced. I’ve recommended it to several friends who were spending a lot more on department store brands.

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118011393090531/k2311a0118/1.18.11