Borromeo Steak House  » Restaurants  »
33 Sct Borromeo St. cor Tomas Morato Ave, Quezon City Philippines
  • I guess the best time to go would be at night
  • There was a small stage in the middle of the place and I think during weekends they have a band playing or something
  • The dressing was okay, it is just not my first choice when eating salad because I like Caesar’s or vinaigrette’s better
  • Anyway this is a great place for drinking with buddies, but since I came there to just have steaks with my husband, I could not share that drinking experience because we did not go there to drink

• by tabs

One night my husband wanted to take me to this steak house just around Tomas Morato. He said that this steak house has been in the business for years already, and that I had to try and visit it. He also has not been there for maybe a decade or more, so when we passed by the place, the name was Borromeo Steak House.

This Borromeo Steak House had a huge entrance for our car. The place could probably hold maybe 5 cars in its parking area. The place is open, with no air conditioning. The restaurant looks more like an open garden, with some areas covered by roofs and some areas just simply open. I guess the best time to go would be at night. We went by around 7pm and there were no other customers that time (since

it was post-New Year’s?). We took a table and there were some ceiling fans so it was okay, plus the weather was great (chilly and dry) so eating outdoors is just fine. The place had some aquariums with some exotic fishes like the Electric eel, arapaimas, some tortoises, and others. There was a small stage in the middle of the place and I think during weekends they have a band playing or something.

We ordered the Rib-eye steak meal. The full meal costs around $10, with salad, rice, soup and iced tea. That was pretty cheap for a steak meal. I told the waiter to cook it Medium Well. After 30 minutes (which is a long, long time for me), the steaks came out not too hot. It was quite disappointing because I waited that long for something that ...

• seemed to be sitting in the grills forever and then coming out not too hot. Anyway, the soup served was cream of mushroom (if memory serves me right), mashed potato ( I did not eat the rice that came with it), a nice serving of gravy, and a glass of iced tea. The salad was alright, but I did not like the dressing and there are no other dressings to choose. They served the salad with Thousand island dressing which I did not really like. The dressing was okay, it is just not my first choice when eating salad because I like Caesar’s or vinaigrette’s better.

The steak is the eye catcher. It was surprisingly tender, juicy, no blood there and just nicely grilled. Medium well is the best choice for those who hate blood but do not like well

done because it may make the meat hard. It was cheaper than the usual steaks in different restaurants maybe because the meat is locally procured. I did not mind it. I did enjoy the steak, but I hated the fact that this rib-eye had a lot of visible fat. Maybe around 2/4 is full of beef fat! I wished they did not serve the fat parts anymore because frankly it bothered me a lot as how much fat this beef had.

Anyway this is a great place for drinking with buddies, but since I came there to just have steaks with my husband, I could not share that drinking experience because we did not go there to drink. The place has a nice drinking atmosphere and I am sure that during the weekend when the band plays this place comes to life.

Borromeo Steak House

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 718011392990531/k2311a0118/1.18.11