Olay Total Effects Foaming Cleanser (all skin types)  » Cosmetics  »
  • After washing, I pat dry and I noticed that the foaming cleanser seemed to have dried my face a bit
  • All in all I think this product is great for oily skin

• by tabs

I am an avid user of Olay products. For the past year, I have used the Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 moisturizer on my face and neck and it has brought me great skin moisturizing and protects my face from the harsh effects of the sun. I have not been able to use their line of facial washes but when my favorite cleanser ran out, I had no choice but to buy the Olay Total Effects Foaming Cleanser.

This Olay Total Effects Foaming Cleanser does not have any other variants. This one is great already for all skin types, so it means that

I have dry skin and I do not have any other choice but to use this product anyway. I was able to buy a 50 gram product for about $3. This is quite pricy for me (already!) but since this is Olay, I just proceeded to buy it.

It comes in an inverted tube, so this is great because of this packaging I can just simply squeeze out a little amount of product (or how much, depending on my liking). I can also squeeze out the last remaining cream cleanser in this tube if it is almost empty. According to Olay, this product is a foaming cleanser and it helps remove excess oil, dirt, makeup, is gentle on the skin, non-drying and non-comedogenic so it will not clog pores.

So I gave it a shot. I took a small, pinky nail-sized amount on my fingertips and put it on the core areas of my face – my forehead, nose, both cheeks and my chin. I mixed it in with water and I created a lather. The lather is not as much as expected. I am used to getting a lot of lather but this one was just okay. The scent is not ...

• Olay Total Effects Foaming Cleanser (all skin types)
      overpowering and it just smells very light. It was very silky to touch and rubbing my face with my fingertips with this cleanser is great because it is not abrasive or anything like that.

After washing, I pat dry and I noticed that the foaming cleanser seemed to have dried my face a bit. I am not used to having too oily or too dry facial skin after every wash. When I use Dove facial foam I get soft, smooth, non-dry skin that feels not tight at all. This one has failed me. This Olay Foaming Cleanser seemed to dry out my

skin more than the Dove wash. Although this did not dry me out as bad as the Nivea cleanser I tried before (and threw away right after I used it), this one was quite a bit drier than the normal post-Dove facial foam wash that I have tried.

All in all I think this product is great for oily skin. I do have combination to dry skin, so this is okay for me, but I am not too happy about it. I resorted to purchasing a Dove bar soap instead to cleanse my face because it does not dry me out so much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118011392980531/k2311a0118/1.18.11