Pharex Hydrocortisone Butyrate Cream  » Medicine  »
  • I think we may have gotten the itchy hives and rashes from the dust and our skin has reacted adversely toward it
  • After 2 applications and a day, I noticed that the rashes and hives were still there but the itch is not as intense as it was the previous days

• by tabs

Our house is just about ready for repairs, so my husband and I went in and looked at the stuff to be taken care of. It has not been repaired for about 6 months and no one as living in it, so the dust and the pests were all around. Upon staying in it for about 6-8 hours packing stuff and putting in boxes, we both had a lot of hives and itchy rashes on our legs and feet. We did not care about it until the hives and the itching did not go away for days.

I went to the doctor and I was prescribed to put Hydrocortisone Cream. I was able to get the Pharex Hydrocortisone 0.1% Cream in the nearest drug store. Hydrocortisone Butyrate is a

topical corticosteroid that is indicated for inflammation of the skin, itchiness and other types of skin irritations. I think we may have gotten the itchy hives and rashes from the dust and our skin has reacted adversely toward it. For those suffering from other types of dermatitis, this is usually prescribed by the doctors.

This product is very cheap. The brand is Pharex, and they produce cheaper but same quality products. A 10 gram cream tube costs only $2. It can last me for about 2 weeks or more, depending on how much I apply. The doctor advised use to apply this cream to our rashes and hives for about 3 times a day until the rashes and itch subsides. I usually get a Q tip to get some ...

• cream on the cotton bud and apply the cream on the rashes and hives. For corticosteroids, I have read somewhere that to be able to truly get the absolute effect of the product, it has to be rubbed on the affected areas of the skin until it is absorbed. My husband and I took turns in using this because we both would suffer from extreme itch and we are very much tempted to scratch the hives and rashes on our legs and feet. I almost hurt my skin from too much scratching because of the itch.

After 2 applications and a day, I noticed that the rashes and hives were still there but the itch is not as intense as it was the previous days. The temptation to

scratch these rashes went from a scale of 10 to 3, and it went down until we almost forgot we had rashes. It was a great relief for both of us because as I have said, we almost scratched our skin raw from the intense itchiness because of the rashes. In about a week or so, the rashes slowly dried out and are almost gone. Because the itchiness is not there anymore, we almost forgot we had rashes and so we did not scratch them, and they started to heal slowly.

This is a great and effective product. This can just be bought over the counter and is also very cheap. For just $2, my husband and I felt so much better and our skin looked better now after this medication.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2618011392970531/k2311a0118/1.18.11