Fanny Serrano brand Concealer Stick (Sand)  » Cosmetics  »
  • I also noticed that even on the back of my hand, it accentuated all the fine lines

• by tabs

My friend was raving about this concealer for ages. He even accompanied me to the makeup counter in the department store just to show me how great this product is. He said it was the Fanny Serrano Concealer and it covers very well.

It comes in a black container. It is about 5 inches in length and I have to twist it like a giant lipstick to get the edge of the concealer out. It actually looks more like a foundation stick and not a concealer. This Fanny Serrano Concealer stick comes in only three shades. That sucks big time. A stick costs around $6+ each, not too expensive.

The shades are only three. These are Sand, Walnut and Chestnut. I had Asian yellow toned skin,

but I did not have a very light skin. Sand was very light for me. Walnut was a medium shade but did not fit me, and Chestnut was the darkest shade. I mean, why create only 3 shades? It really sucks and I really, really hate it because I had to combine 2 sticks just to get my perfect shade. When my friend finally convinced me to buy it, I actually did because we figured out how to use it. In order to get a nice NC35 shade, we had to mix Sand and Chestnut on our skin to make it work.

As for the coverage, well, it was average. In fact, I have read a lot of raving, my friend was really raving about ...

• it too, but it failed to impress me. It is cream-based, but very light in coverage. I also noticed that even on the back of my hand, it accentuated all the fine lines. A good setting powder is needed to keep this on the skin. It is very creamy but immediately dries up into a powder form. I guess for dry skin like mine, even with moisturizers it will really show the fine lines. For oily skin, well it will probably work because it has a dry finish and it is not greasy.

I am not aware of its other ingredients, whether it has SPF or not, or silica or what not. It did not cover up my dark under eye circles. This is

just great to be used more as a foundation stick and not as a concealer. It lacks the pigmentation and staying power is not great.

Something has to be changed in this concealer. I have great respects for Fanny Serrano being a good makeup artist and all, but he needs to do provide more options and variety for his customers. Maybe he could release different kinds of foundations, like liquids or gel-types for different skin types. Or maybe he could add more shades to choose from. The quality of this concealer is not great and I really could not understand how a lot of people rave about it. I will not be using this again, and sadly I still have 90% of the product intact.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118011392910531/k2311a0118/1.18.11