Madison Steakhouse  » Restaurants  »
670 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge NY 11788
  • As someone who has worked in a myriad of restaurants, I must admit I was very impressed with the cleanliness of this restaurant
  • One night they had an excellent male singer/guitarist who had the voice of an angel and played great cover songs from the 1990s which I really enjoyed
  • The bisque was good, creamy and thick but I was somewhat disappointed with the amount of lobster chunks in it
  • However, it was very affordable at three dollars per bowl so I believe we got exactly what we paid for
  • I don't think there is anywhere else on Long Island that you can get a lobster dinner for $9.95

• by violet

The thing that attracted my boyfriend and I to Madison Steakhouse in Hauppauge, NY on Motor Parkway was the large, colorful banner out front announcing an enticing lobster special. On Thursday’s at Madison’s they have a serious lobster special, a whole 1 1/4 pound lobster served with baked potato and corn on the cob for $9.95. This seemed like the deal of a lifetime, so we had to check it out and give this place a try.

The atmosphere of this restaurant is nice upon entry, it is decorated in a very high class fashion with all high end finishes. The place is kept extraordinarily clean. As someone who has worked in a myriad of restaurants, I must admit I was very impressed with the cleanliness of this restaurant. They always have live musical entertainment in the evenings

which varies in quality. One night they had an excellent male singer/guitarist who had the voice of an angel and played great cover songs from the 1990s which I really enjoyed. Another night they had a three piece band that was so so.

Madison’s has a full bar as well as a great wine list and a large selection of beers on tap. My boyfriend ordered a Hieneken bottle and I ordered a martini which was deliciously prepared, dry and strong. The bartender seemed to be very competent. The waitstaff seemed diligently trained as well. There were no kid waiters as you find at most restaurants these days, all of the waiters were older men that have seemingly made a serious profession out of the job.

We started out with two bowls of lobster bisque. You can order ...

• the soup in two different sizes and it is always good to have options. We opted for the smaller size since lobster bisque is a filling soup and we wanted to save room for the lobster. The bisque was good, creamy and thick but I was somewhat disappointed with the amount of lobster chunks in it. However, it was very affordable at three dollars per bowl so I believe we got exactly what we paid for.

I was excited when our lobster came and I dug right in. I must admit, this was a decent lobster for such a small price. The price is so good that I was kind of expecting it to be some sort of a hoax but this place is the real deal. The lobster had a great deal of sweet, juicy meat on

it and it was cooked very well. The baked potato and the corn on the cob were good as well. The corn on the cob was sweet and delicious, served with plenty of butter.

I really enjoyed my dinner at Madison’s, so much so that my boyfriend and I have made it our regular Thursday night spot. However, I’m not really sure I would go there for anything other than the Thursday night special. They so have an enticing menu filled with steaks and seafoods. They also have a great deal of seafood specials which are different every night. However, the lobster special is so great and so affordable that I am yet to have the desire to try something different. I don’t think there is anywhere else on Long Island that you can get a lobster dinner for $9.95!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 718011392810531/k2311a0118/1.18.11