South Park - Butters Bottom Girl  » TV  »
  • While this is one of the few episodes of South Park I can’t play in front of my son, I still think it’s one of the best for it not only has the South Park humor, but tackles the idea of pimps and the women who work for them
  • While South Park has yet to truly disappoint me, at least to the level that Family Guy has disappointed me, when it comes to their episodes, I just wait for the next one and hope it’s not too gross

• by sarahdragon26

While this is one of the few episodes of South Park I can’t play in front of my son, I still think it’s one of the best for it not only has the South Park humor, but tackles the idea of pimps and the women who work for them. Which is a very sensitive subject, to some people. Some people would just like to think that it doesn’t exist or just ignore it completely. And while I can’t say what the real last word to the title is, a very bad word, it does bring out the point and purpose of the story. Even if the word is offensive to us women.

I have always found it funny that Butters seems so stupid at times and then ends up being the savior in other stories. You just never see it coming on how they deal with Butters sometimes. Like I would never, in a million years, think of Butters a pimp. I mean, sweet, naïve, innocent little Butters actually being a pimp and a likeable one, too. He is not anything like what one would think of a classical pimp, in our society. The way we mostly see pimps are men who beat up their women and make them use their bodies for money, but Butters gets his women housing, tax status, and treats them with respect. That is just laughable when ...

• it comes to the whole idea of pimps in general. And the whole twist about this being a ‘kissing company’, instead of the more commonly placed word. Which is, again, offensive and I will not repeat it.

And we all know South Park has been known to push the envelope when it comes to certain aspects of life and just ideas in general, but this is one of the episodes that has actually had me turning away from the screen at certain points. Some of the scenes make me want to throw up. The police hear about the ‘kissing company’ and want to shut it down. They go undercover, but the part

that has me sickened is when the head of the police gets a little deeper than he should, becoming his role instead of really pretending, and it’s more than a little disturbing. He gets too far into his role as a ‘woman of the night.’ I won’t describe exactly what had me almost throwing up, but anyone who has seen this episode will understand that it’s not something that can be described for an open audience.

While South Park has yet to truly disappoint me, at least to the level that Family Guy has disappointed me, when it comes to their episodes, I just wait for the next one and hope it’s not too gross.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1018011392770531/k2311a0118/1.18.11