South Park - Creme Fraiche  » TV  »
  • The whole focus of it was not what I expected so I learned a few things

• by sarahdragon26

Now this is one of those weird episodes of South Park that just had me laughing at the silliness of it. The whole focus of it was not what I expected so I learned a few things.

One thing I learned was about was the Shakeweight. I had never heard about it before. It was my husband who informed me that the Shakeweight was real and I couldn’t believe it. I honestly thought that Matt and Trey had made it up. Why would anyone want to work out with such an exercise tool. South Park made a very good point about it seeming

too much like another tool entirely, another tool not based on exercise. I won’t say what it might have been used for, to practice on, but all the same that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it on South Park. Even when I eventually saw it at Sears, I still laughed. I’m not sure if I would have given it much thought before seeing the South Park episodes, but after seeing it in person, it seems like a silly, useless tool, like many of these exercise tools you see on TV nowadays.

One character who always seems ...

• to be doing something wrong or getting himself into trouble is Randy. At the beginning when he was alone in front of the TV, I honestly thought he was watching the real No No channels, ones that children aren’t supposed to watch. Instead, he was watching the cooking channel. I was floored. I couldn’t understand why Sharon called that a No No channel. Then I understood. I would like my husband to make me different dishes every now and then, but not every morning and then leave me to clean up the mess afterwards. That would make me angry, too.

The whole idea

behind this episode is that men need special attention sometimes and if they don’t, they find other ways to release their stress. I just think it was funny that they centered it around the silly looking Shakeweight and the release being the Food Channel.

Was it a good episode? Yes, but it’s one I can’t show in front of my son anymore. While it’s not very open, for a child to understand at least, what Sharon was doing with the Shakeweight, we adults know and having my son repeat some of the things said is enough to tell me he’s not old enough yet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1018011392690531/k2311a0118/1.18.11