South Park - Coon 2 Hindsight  » TV  »
  • I thought it was a funny story to begin with, so having the Coon return was interesting
  • I love that they covered the idea that BP continued to drill elsewhere, not caring about what they did and who it affected
  • This is one of the best episodes of season 14 and one of my favorites of the whole series

• by sarahdragon26

I was not expecting Matt and Trey to touching on the Coon’s story again, but it was a pleasant surprise. I thought it was a funny story to begin with, so having the Coon return was interesting. I am always seem to be amused by the fact that South Park slaps in some of the biggest decisions and disasters into their episodes and make them funny, instead of the normal annoying or terrible things that they were in real life.

One such example is that the BP disaster. I live in Florida, on the Atlantic side of the

state, so we were all fearful about what could have happened if the spill came around the state on the Gulf Stream. Thankfully, it didn’t. It was hilarious to see the whole ‘I’m sorry’ thing that the CEO came up with to make it all better. I love that they covered the idea that BP continued to drill elsewhere, not caring about what they did and who it affected. And that ‘I’m sorry’ thing is not enough to make up for it.

The whole fact about the Coon recruiting other so-called superheroes into his so-called superhero group is ...

• funny. Who would have thought that Mysterion and the Coon would ever team up after what happened between them in the season before. And that they wanted to recruit Captain Hindsight. That is one power that is completely useless to anyone. Having hindsight is fine, but showing up to tell everyone how a disaster could have been prevented, after it happened, is a completely useless power, to be proud of at least. But Coon proves to be his normal self when he attacks Mosquito and Mint Berry Crunch for disagreeing with him. I’m glad they kicked him out of the group. Even thou I
        tried to figure out who was who, you could always tell what Kenny was drinking whenever the characters went out because he could not afford anything more than water. But when they all sat together, Mysertion was not drinking water, so it was not obvious he was Kenny. I honestly thought he was Clyde and Human Kite was Kenny because of the cheap lookingness of it.

This is one of the best episodes of season 14 and one of my favorites of the whole series. A complete success when it came to humor, entertainment, and being pure South Park.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1018011392490431/k2311a0118/1.18.11