Natural Calm by Peter Gillham’s Natural Vitality raspberry lemon 8 oz  » Health  »
  • I got some limited success, but soon the problem came back
  • According to the information on the product, many people do not assimilate the pill form of magnesium properly, and it may not address the calcium balance either, which is an important part of the issue
  • I admit I do not always take this supplement regularly as I should, but it does seem to work when I do take it, and it is quite an interesting product and concept

• by reviewabit

When I began experiencing palpitations last year, I did lots of research into different things that might be causing them, as my doctor didn’t really have an answer, other than my heart seemed just fine. It didn’t feel just fine– it was beating way too hard, and scaring me frequently. I read something about a magnesium deficiency causing palpitations, and that a diabetic like me could be experiencing a lack of magnesium due to the illness. I immediately began taking magnesium supplements to see if it might help.

I got some limited success, but soon the problem came back. Retracing my research steps, I came across this product. It is something that approaches the problem from the root- the balance between calcium and magnesium.

This is a mix that you add to

water and drink, and supposedly it is a more effective form of therapy. According to the information on the product, many people do not assimilate the pill form of magnesium properly, and it may not address the calcium balance either, which is an important part of the issue. I ordered the product after hearing a few success stories.

I did become convinced that as a diabetic, I probably was not getting all the magnesium I needed. Interestingly, the product is billed as an anti-stress tonic, “Natural Calm. ” I did not experience any calming effects from the magnesium tablets I took, so I was curious as to whether this would have any effect on my stress levels– which of course, affect in turn everything else going on in your body.

We all have stress. I ...

• was excited to try the product, although I quite frankly expected it to taste horrid. I was prepared for that.

I was pleasantly surprised. It isn’t too bad, really. I found it enjoyable to drink.

I wondered if it would have a metallic taste, but I didn’t pick up anything like that. There was a very faint “vitamin” sort of taste, but it was well covered by the raspberry and lemon flavors. I drank my doses at the end of the day, to see how I felt stress-wise, as this was the time of day when I could usually notice the effects of daytime stress on my body and mind.

I don’t know if it was psychological or not, but I did feel calmer after I drank this product. It is

very probable that it was the power of suggestion. But hey, if it lowered my stress level and reduced the effects of it on my body, who cares if it was really the drink or not? If a placebo works, that’s all that matters– so if this product is all bunk, then I hope no one will ever tell me so it will keep working!

As far as my palpitations, they have lessened greatly in the past few months, and I only have occasional flareups.

I admit I do not always take this supplement regularly as I should, but it does seem to work when I do take it, and it is quite an interesting product and concept. If you think you have a magnesium deficiency, and this item sounds interesting to you too, give it a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392440431/k2311a0118/1.18.11