Dynamic Health Labs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother 16 oz  » Health  »
  • I am glad I paid more for this brand, because I feel I got a good product and it is doing what it is supposed to do
  • I would recommend it for anyone who could use some help with their blood sugars, and who is brave enough to take the dare to drink it

• by reviewabit

I am diabetic and I would far rather use natural remedies when possible than take drugs or insulin. Although I do take oral medications, I supplement them with as many natural cures as I can so I don’t have to take as much. One fellow diabetic was talking to me about taking organic apple cider vinegar, and said it had greatly reduced his incidence of “dawn phenomenon” which is something I have struggled with as well. “Dawn phenomenon” is when your blood sugar rises during the very early morning hours, and can cause you to have a much higher fasting reading than you should.

Your liver is partly to blame, with some other hormones and chemicals chipping in. It is a normal occurrence even with non diabetics, but the non diabetic can product insulin quickly enough to take care of it,

while we cannot. I did some reading on the apple cider vinegar theory and found that the organic is better, and that the type that contains “mother” is also supposed to be superior.

“Mother” is basically a ruddy looking particulate that you see collected in the bottom of the bottle, and reportedly is proof that the best part of the apple has not been destroyed. I had only tried apple cider vinegar of the regular type, and I knew it was a very potent taste. I admit I was not looking forward to trying to drink it.

Fortunately, the dosage needed is only two teaspoons full. In fact, more than that is not recommended because it can damage tooth enamel and eventually body tissues. I ordered the Dynamic Health brand because it was recommended, and it contains “mother.

” When I got it in, I ...

• opened it and discovered it to have a strong, but slightly pleasant smell. I had the option of taking my vinegar straight, or adding it to a liquid to make it easier to swallow. This is actually a rather difficult choice.

If you take the small amount straight, it’s over with quickly and you can then drink another liquid to get the taste out of your mouth. If you dilute it, it is still going to taste like vinegar, just not as potent, and you will have to force down more of it then. I opted to take it straight, and had a glass of cold tea nearby to rescue my senses after the blast of vinegar.

I carefully measured and put in my mouth. Wow, this stuff is strong… but, it did not seem as strong as the regular grocery store

brand I had tasted before. It did burn a bit going down, but in the end, I was glad I took it all at once and only had to swallow once to get it all.

The tea was very helpful afterwards. I have been using it ever since. It does have a mild effect on blood sugar, at least for me.

It has reduced my morning readings moderately. It also has a lot of other reported health benefits, so I figure it can’t be a bad thing. It just takes a bit of bravery.

I am glad I paid more for this brand, because I feel I got a good product and it is doing what it is supposed to do. I would recommend it for anyone who could use some help with their blood sugars, and who is brave enough to take the dare to drink it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392430431/k2311a0118/1.18.11