Organix Coconut Milk Split Ends Mender 6 oz  » Health  »
1.5
  • I thought of her suggestion when I saw this product, and decided I would try to see if a product for split ends would make my hair look better
  • I had to admit, I had noticed the ends looked a bit dry and frazzled lately, despite conditioning regularly
  • I bought the split ends mender and tried it along with some of the Organix shampoo and conditioner products
  • I was not terribly impressed with the shampoos and conditioners, other than the fragrances, which are all very nice, and probably keep the products on the shelf
  • In the meantime, no, I do not recommend this product

• by reviewabit

I recently decided to try a few products in this line after eying them for a long time at Walmart. The fragrances are fantastic, and this coconut one was one of my favorites. The last time I was at my hairdressers, she commented that I had a lot of split ends, and she wanted to cut several inches off my hair to remedy it. I refused, as my partner and my mother would hit the roof if I cut that much off of my pride and joy. My hair is already thinning, I don’t need it shortened too.

I thought of her suggestion when I saw this product, and decided I would try to see if a product for split ends would make my hair look better. I had to

admit, I had noticed the ends looked a bit dry and frazzled lately, despite conditioning regularly. Hair is dead tissue after all, you can only do so much for it when it is too far gone. The product had a few things that appealed to me.

The scent was one, and the fact it contained organic ingredients, was free of sulfates, and had egg white protein. This was appealing just because I was not familiar with any other products that had this ingredient, so it was novel. I bought the split ends mender and tried it along with some of the Organix shampoo and conditioner products. I was not terribly impressed with the shampoos and conditioners, other than the fragrances, which are all very nice, and probably keep the ...

• products on the shelf.

I put on the split ends mender as directed, and it smelled great. It reminded me of a frozen coconut milk drink I had once at a spa. It seems rich and creamy, like coconut with butter and vanilla in it– but also very crisp and clean. Unfortunately, the effects on my hair were a bit crisp as well.

It felt more like a coconut wafer once it dried. The ends of my hair were crunchy. Was this supposed to be the repairing of split ends? Perhaps it is supposed to work by gluing them together, although they felt brittle enough to break off. It had no moisturizing effects that I could tell.

My hair looked as dry and frizzy as before,

and was now crunchy as well. I could not comb or brush through the ends. As nice as it smelled, I’m afraid it was useless to me. Normally, I can find an alternate use for a hair product that doesn’t do so well on my hair.

Shampoo easily becomes hand soap or shower gel. Conditioners, unless they are very heavy, can usually be used for fabric softeners, or even for quick rinses of the hair on days when shampoo would be too soon. This sticky, crunchy coconut stuff is one I cannot figure out what else I could possibly do with it. I will keep thinking.

In the meantime, no, I do not recommend this product. It did nothing for me. I will give it a 3 for the fragrance alone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392380431/k2311a0118/1.18.11