FDS Feminine Deodorant Spray Ocean Breeze 2 oz  » Health  »
2.0
  • Sometimes I buy a product that I don’t really need to fix a problem that doesn’t really exist
  • I have never really suffered from “feminine odor” problems, but since they make a deodorant spray specifically for that, and I am a bit of a personal hygiene freak anyway, somehow I thought it must be something I need to buy
  • There was the shower fresh, which seemed a bit boring, baby powder, which just didn’t appeal to me, then there were more exotic choices like white blossoms and tropical and kiwi
  • I noticed that you seem to waste a lot of the product when spraying it
  • If you really do have an odor issue, don’t try to cover it, find out what’s causing it and treat the cause

• by reviewabit

Sometimes I buy a product that I don’t really need to fix a problem that doesn’t really exist. I guess we all fall prey to marketing. I have never really suffered from “feminine odor” problems, but since they make a deodorant spray specifically for that, and I am a bit of a personal hygiene freak anyway, somehow I thought it must be something I need to buy. It’s been around for years, but I had never tried FDS until the last year. It was summer, and I thought it might help with some sweating as well as the potential odor that I was not really experiencing but wanted to prevent just the same.

I had

a choice of various scents. There was no way to test them before buying, so I had to rely on description alone. There was the shower fresh, which seemed a bit boring, baby powder, which just didn’t appeal to me, then there were more exotic choices like white blossoms and tropical and kiwi. Kiwi??? Seriously? I decided to go with the Ocean Breeze.

I was wearing an ocean type of body spray a lot at the time , so I figured it might as well match up down below. Supposedly the spray has a magical ingredient that knows when you have “wetness” and activates then. I personally think the magic is in how it activates your brain to think the product is worth what you are spending on it. I used the little spray can on my intimate regions that next day.

It’s all cute and feminine looking and has pretty pastel colors. My first impression on spraying– it’s cold! I did not find spraying an aerosol in that area of my skin particularly pleasant. I noticed that you seem to waste a lot of the product when spraying it. Much like aerosol underarm antiperspirants, much of it goes into the air, and some into your lungs.

My lungs don’t need a deodorant, thank you. Of that I am very sure. The scent was ok, but there was a ...

• FDS Feminine Deodorant Spray Ocean Breeze 2 oz
      strange sort of chemical “after-smell” so to speak, that I did not find likable. I hoped that maybe that would fade and leave the oceany smell behind.

Unfortunately, that strange part of the scent must have been the wetness activated magical ingredient– because it stayed. I did not like it. I wondered if the other scents had the same issue. The one thing I do like about the product is that the powdery effect does stick, and although it’s cold going on, it does keep your skin smooth like a regular powder does, only without the powdery mess.

It pretty much stays where you spray it, and that does actually help to control wetness and friction. I

can see where that is very helpful if you have an issue with heat rashes or something similar. As for its deodorant properties, I can honestly say, I couldn’t tell. I smelled the same to me, except for that weird chemical smell that I simply did not like.

I decided that I never needed this product to begin with, and I never bought it again. The only time I have used it since is to prevent a heat rash, and for that it does seem to be useful. I would only recommend it if you need it for that. If you really do have an odor issue, don’t try to cover it, find out what’s causing it and treat the cause.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392360431/k2311a0118/1.18.11