Nature’s Way Activated Charcoal 100 capsules
  • I thought my body was going to break in half from the spasms of pain
  • The only problem with taking it is that it can interfere by absorbing other things that you are taking, namely prescription medications, which can pose a serious problem
  • Since it is not expensive, and is potentially a life saver, I think it should be in everyone’s emergency medical kit
  • I like this brand because it is well known, not expensive, and I have had good experiences with other products they make

• by reviewabit

When someone we had dinner with undercooked a holiday meat dish, several people in the family got food poisoning. It was a nightmare– everyone vomiting and having severe cramps and diarrhea, and only one bathroom in the house! I can remember having the worse cramps ever. I thought my body was going to break in half from the spasms of pain. My grandmother was quick to give us Coke syrup for the nausea, but when things went from bad to worse, she called her doctor for advice, and was told to give us activated charcoal.

I have never in my life heard of this product being used for food poisoning, but I do know it can bind other types of poison in the body and therefore prevent dangerous overdoses. It’s also used to treat gas,

although I have never tried it for that. My grandmother did, and told me it worked well.

As sick as I was on this food poison occasion, I barely remember taking it, and probably didn’t ask what it was until the illness had passed, but I do remember feeling better within only a few hours of taking it. Only a couple of doses were given, and the cramps and diarrhea eased. The nausea took a day longer, but the vomiting slowed down enough that I was at least able to keep fluids down and didn’t get dehydrated.

Soon my own body took over command and I got well. This same therapy was given to everyone else who got sick that day, and we all felt better quickly. I do believe this product helped ...

• to gather and remove whatever horrible poisons were being made by the bacteria we ingested, and allowed us to start to heal.

The only problem with taking it is that it can interfere by absorbing other things that you are taking, namely prescription medications, which can pose a serious problem. It has to be used with care in people who have other medical conditions. I have irritable bowel syndrome, and I have read that many people with the condition take activated charcoal and that it helps better than anything else.

With my case, I take too many other medications to use it on a day to day basis, but it might be worth looking into if you have IBS. Since it is not expensive, and is potentially a life saver, I think it should be

in everyone’s emergency medical kit. I like this brand because it is well known, not expensive, and I have had good experiences with other products they make.

Of course you would only use a product like this for poisoning under medical supervision, but imagine how much time you would save by treating a poison victim sooner than the ambulance could get there, if they instructed you to do so. I keep it in my medicine cabinet for emergencies like that and would readily tell the 911 operator I had it and ask if I should use it. Fortunately I have never had to use it and I hope I never do again, but it’s good insurance.

It doesn’t seem that many people know the usefulness of this product. That’s a shame. I highly recommend keeping it around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392330431/k2311a0118/1.18.11