Herbal Clear Deodorant Unscented 2.65 oz Stick  » Health  »
  • In the meantime, I had a choice– I could stink, or I could look for something that would work but not irritate the problem further
  • I tried to avoid the worst parts of the rash
  • The outdoor activity commenced, and after an hour or so, I noticed that the Herbal Clear armpit was starting to feel a bit moist
  • I have to say it was definitely better than the results I got from Tom’s products
  • I would recommend this product for anyone with injured or sensitive skin who cannot use regular antiperspirants or deodorants

• by reviewabit

When I developed a painful rash/injury under my arms, thanks to a serious dispute between my hand and a new disposable razor that occurred when a crazy feline jumped into the shower with no warning, I could not use my regular antiperspirant products at all. Even the slightest hint of them would send me to the ceiling with a terrible stinging sensation. It took several weeks for this to heal. In the meantime, I had a choice– I could stink, or I could look for something that would work but not irritate the problem further.

Since I had already tried some brands like Tom’s of Maine in the past and found them pretty ineffective

for the most part, I didn’t bother with those again. Instead, I did some research and read a lot of reviews, and settled on this product by 21st Century– the Herbal Clear deodorant stick. Although it did contain some chemicals (namely propylene glycol) it seemed like a better alternative to aluminum based products, and lots of people with sensitivities and allergies were pleased with it.

I ordered the product online but chose overnight shipping. (I wanted to waste no time in getting “fresh” again) When I tried the stick out, I was a little timid. I put just a tiny bit on at first, not sure what would happen.

I tried to avoid the worst parts of the rash. The product smooths on easily, so it was not a painful process actually getting it on. After it had been on for a minute and there was no pain or burning, I put on more.

Happily, there was no problem. Even if it didn’t work so great, at least I was doing something. It felt gross sitting around with nothing on when I was used to wearing deodorant of some kind every day.

By the end of the day, I took a sniff– nothing. No odor. The product itself has no odor either.

Unlike some unscented products that actually do carry a faint smell of their ...

• Herbal Clear Deodorant Unscented 2.65 oz Stick
      ingredients, this didn’t even smell like water. It was completely “stealth” deodorant. The real test was to come the next day, because I would be outdoors for several hours and it was summer.

I used the Herbal Clear only on the hurt arm, and used my regular product on the other. I figured if it turned out that it didn’t work under pressure, I would be better off if at least one arm was non-stinky. The outdoor activity commenced, and after an hour or so, I noticed that the Herbal Clear armpit was starting to feel a bit moist.

I reminded myself that this was not an antiperspirant after all, and as long as it

managed the odor, I could live with a bit of wetness. I was a little paranoid and afraid to lift my left arm for the duration of the day. Once I got home, I gave the armpit a sniff, and surprisingly, the herbal Clear did a fairly good job! I have to say it was definitely better than the results I got from Tom’s products.

I used it while my arm was healing, then went back to my old product, because I do prefer not to feel wet. I would recommend this product for anyone with injured or sensitive skin who cannot use regular antiperspirants or deodorants. Also for anyone concerned about aluminum– this product has none.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392310431/k2311a0118/1.18.11