Nexxus Thermal Volume Heat Protection Mousse 8 oz  » Health  »
  • My main concern was the volume issue, as I have thinning hair and use whatever I can get my hands on to help make it look thicker
  • I would highly recommend this mousse to anyone looking for volume and heat protection

• by reviewabit

I was talking to my hairstylist the other week, and we got onto the subject of using multiple hair products at the same time. I told her I used a heat protection spray, since I often used curling irons and flatirons, and I also used a volumizing serum or mousse. She exclaimed “aha” and went over to the merchandise area to bring back a can of Nexxus Thermal Volume Mousse. This product, she explained, could save me some time and money, because it was both a volumizing mousse and offered heat protection at the same time.

It wasn’t a bad price, especially for a salon brand, and I had used Nexxus products in the past and liked them, so I gave it a try. My main concern was the volume

issue, as I have thinning hair and use whatever I can get my hands on to help make it look thicker. I tried out this mousse after washing with my volumizing shampoo and conditioning with a high volume conditioner.

It seemed strange deviating from my routine and only using one styling product! I worked a generous puff of the mousse into my hair, starting at the roots. It felt soft, not sticky, and had a nice light fragrance. After I dried my hair, I took a look at the over all volume from the front and back view of my hair.

No baldy looking spots in either– so far so good. It felt like it had done a pretty good job, at least as good as any other products I have used for volume.

• I liked the light feel of it.

My hair didn’t feel weighted down. The real test would be later in the day– to see if it held the volume, and held the hairstyle. I used an InStyler on my hair that day, which I use as a combination between a flat iron and curling iron.

This product adds volume too– although it recommends you use it without products in your hair. I ignore that– I have good results with using products. The mousse did its job as a mousse, and I had plenty of body and hold.

The curls took well and the ironed ends were flat and glossy. I spritzed with a bit of hair spray and went on about my day. Later, I took

a look again at the back and front of my hair, and happily, Nexxus passed the test.

This mousse not only holds a style well, but it holds the volume well throughout the day. As far as the heat protection, that is a benefit which you cannot immediately see– but I can say that my hair does not seem to be any drier or more damaged while using this product than while using any other brand of heat protection. Since the price is decent, I get two products in one and it really does save me money– and without compromising on a cheaper brand.

I would highly recommend this mousse to anyone looking for volume and heat protection. And who doesn’t want either of those? It’s a great deal, and a great product. Thanks, Nexxus.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392300431/k2311a0118/1.18.11