Herbal Essences Curl Scrunching Gel 6 oz  » Health  »
  • That sounded really interesting, and I put a little on my finger to test it
  • It smelled really nice, and the texture seemed about right, so I bought a tube
  • The only issue I had with the product was that the lavender smell overpowered anything else I might have wanted to wear
  • As much as I love the smell, I will probably look for a comparable product with less scent next time
  • For the price, it is a great bargain and I would definitely recommend it

• by reviewabit

I wear my hair in several different styles. One day I was lazy and did not blow dry my hair after washing it, and my partner absolutely loved the look of it after it had air dried. It was the sort of wet-perm look. I wanted to recreate the look even better, since it was obviously a turn on!

My hair is naturally curly when it is wet, so it’s pretty easy for me to get this look, if I just air dry it, and scrunch it a bit to make it as curly as possible.

With scrunching, it’s always more effective if using a gel or mousse on my damp hair. If I don’t use one, the ends of my hair tend to eventually look a little

frizzy when they dry on their own. I didn’t have much mousse left, and that was a product I used every day, wet look or not, so I wanted to get a separate product for the days I did the “wet curl” look.

I saw the Herbal Essence Curl Scrunching Gel on the shelf and thought it looked like the perfect product for this need. I needed something with a little hold, yet not something that was going to make my hair crunchy or weight it down. Anything too heavy would pull out the curls.

Anything too crunchy would not be appealing to anyone who happened to touch my hair. I’ve always liked the Herbal Essence fragrances, and this one was French lavender and jade. That ...

• sounded really interesting, and I put a little on my finger to test it.

It smelled really nice, and the texture seemed about right, so I bought a tube. I tried it out within a few days. I washed and treated my hair with a good, lightweight shampoo and conditioner.

I towel dried, and worked the wonderful lavender product through my hair from the scalp to the ends. I flipped my hair over, and scrunched to my heart’s content– returning later to re-scrunch, until the hair was nearly dry. This product did do a good job on my hair.

It didn’t feel heavy or sticky, and it was not too crunchy when it dried. A little stiffness is inevitable, and without a little bit, I’ll just get

frizz. This was a good compromise though.

The look was a hit and so was the fragrance, which stayed in my hair, quite noticeably, for the rest of the day. The only issue I had with the product was that the lavender smell overpowered anything else I might have wanted to wear. So whatever I wore along with it, had to coordinate with lavender.

That is a bit limiting. As much as I love the smell, I will probably look for a comparable product with less scent next time. But this product does deliver on its claim, and it’s a great way to wear the wet look.

If you happen to love lavender, it’s even better. For the price, it is a great bargain and I would definitely recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392270431/k2311a0118/1.18.11