Finesse Conditioner Moisturizing for Dry Hair - 25.4 oz.  » Health  »
  • Anyway, I highly recommend this conditioner for anyone with dry, frizzy hair

• by reviewabit

I used to use Finesse shampoo and conditioner back in the late eighties and early nineties, and loved it. Back then my hair was permed, and the conditioner always left it shiny and soft, more so than any other brand. Time moved on and I started using other products, and eventually I didn’t even see Finesse on the shelves anymore. One day I was shopping in a Big Lot store, and I happened to see a bottle of the twenty five ounce Finesse Conditioner for dry hair on the shelf and at unbelievable low price.

In the past, when I have seen an “old” favorite on the shelves that seemed to have disappeared and reappeared, in about ninety percent of the cases, the product was not the same as

the original I remember. This has happened with several shampoos and conditioners, as a matter of fact. So when I saw my old friend Finesse on the shelf, I knew there was a good chance it was not the same formula I remembered.

However, as cheap as it was, how could I turn it down? I could use it for fabric softener if nothing else, so I picked it up. I noted that unlike some re-vamped versions of old products, it still had the same fragrance, and a nice fragrance it was. I recognized it instantly.

It has a clean smell that always reminded me of rain for some reason. And the bottle is my favorite shade of blue. I am a sucker for packaging ploys.

...

• When I used the new-old Finesse, I had prepared myself for the worst, but received the best! I am happy to say that this was the exact same Finesse I remembered. It has the same feel, smell, texture, and most importantly– the same results. Even though my hair is older now and has been through a whole lot of torture and chemical processes, is a victim of thinning due to hormones and age, and generally reacts only to the most expensive of treatments, it felt just like it did back then.

It was soft, silky, sleek, completely tangle free, and shiny when it was dried. The question I am left with is… why on earth did Finesse go away? This is a great conditioner, it is

a step above most of the premium salon brands in how it performs. Thank you Finesse, for not changing.

I wish that all companies would follow that lead. I have very little respect for a company when they change a popular older product and then market it to its old fans, hoping they won’t notice. We notice.

There were reasons we liked it in the first place. Anyway, I highly recommend this conditioner for anyone with dry, frizzy hair. You will be surprised at how well this golden oldie works.

I hope you can find it for the same price I did, but no matter what the price, it is probably worth more. I went back to the Big Lot store and bought every bottle they had left.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392210431/k2311a0118/1.18.11