Swanson Premium Niacin 500 mg 250 Caps  » Health  »
  • It is a very potent dose, so I thought perhaps before talking to my doctor about the prescription version, I would try some niacin supplement in a weaker dose to see how I tolerated it
  • I found that moving around made it worse, so I sat still, bathed in redness and misery, and trying to ignore the feeling that my face had been lit on fire
  • I do recommend this and all other natural remedies for lowering cholesterol as opposed to the statin drugs and other medical poisons

• by reviewabit

I have had high cholesterol for a few years, and attempts to treat it with prescription medicines have been frustrating. I tried several statin drugs, always with disastrous side effects that I refused to tolerate. Having fibromyalgia, I do not need any more muscle pain in my life, thank you. Diet and nutritional supplements have been much more favorable for me.

I take several now, and this is after trying many to see which was the most effective for me and the “best fit. ” I had been hearing about a prescription niacin drug that was being used to treat high cholesterol, and became interested in it. It is a very potent dose, so I

thought perhaps before talking to my doctor about the prescription version, I would try some niacin supplement in a weaker dose to see how I tolerated it.

I chose the Swanson brand of regular niacin because of recommendations from users. Supposedly, the niacin that causes the “flushing” side effect is supposed to be better at fighting cholesterol. I was not familiar with “niacin flush” until doing some research.

A niacin dosage high enough can cause a sudden redness all over your skin. It may itch, or burn, and be extremely uncomfortable, but it is temporary and is actually supposed to be good for you as it increases blood flow. When I first took the niacin capsule, I tried to prepare myself for the “flush.

” I expected something like a flush you get when you are overheated, or maybe a burning sensation like neuropathy. What came over me in a wave was pure red evil! Every inch of my skin, starting with my arms, then progressing upward and downward all at once, became fiery red and itched like a million mosquito bites. Nothing I did could stop the itching.

I found that moving around made it worse, so I sat still, bathed in redness and misery, and trying to ignore the feeling that my face had been lit on fire. When I did catch a glimpse of myself in ...

• Swanson Premium Niacin 500 mg 250 Caps
      a mirror, I looked like I had laid in the sun for a week with no sunblock! Finally, gradually, the flush went away and I felt normal again. If I had not known that this small capsule of vitamin could pack a big enough punch to do that, I would certainly have been in the emergency room, thinking I was dying.

It almost left me with a sense of bravado that I had survived it. I was a “real” niacin user now. I kept using it, and experienced the flushing several more times, then it quietened down and eventually my body was used to it and I no longer had the flush.

I have to admit,

it would be a great way to get a day off from work. One look at you and they would send you home, if you could talk them out of calling 911. As for the cholesterol lowering power, I did see some improvement in the numbers at my next test, so I do believe in the power of niacin.

Just be warned if you are going to try it– it’s not pretty at first. Just take deep breaths and try to imagine a cold lake or something. The fire will pass soon.

I do recommend this and all other natural remedies for lowering cholesterol as opposed to the statin drugs and other medical poisons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011392190431/k2311a0118/1.18.11