Bloodsport (movie )  » Movies  »
1.5
  • While I like some action movies, I generally do not like those that include the actors Jean-Claude Van Damme and Steven Segal since I have noticed that while these movies are usually jam packed with action scenes, they also usually have the same cliché characters and these action movies on a whole generally do not have much substance
  • While I thought that the movie Bloodsport has an alarming number of b-rated qualities, one thing that I still liked about it was the fighting scenes
  • The acting on the other hand was just as atrocious as usual, whereas I had noticed that most of the people in the film including Van Damme himself had zero talent
  • In the end, while I sometimes love good action films I found this too hard to endure
  • Nevertheless, I would still recommend it to diehard action and fighting movie fans since I know they will enjoy the action scenes it has

• by Redtape

While I like some action movies, I generally do not like those that include the actors Jean-Claude Van Damme and Steven Segal since I have noticed that while these movies are usually jam packed with action scenes, they also usually have the same cliché characters and these action movies on a whole generally do not have much substance.

While I have read reviews on the 1988 movie Bloodsport, which starred a young Jean-Claude Van Damme,

I got the impression that the movie would be different than those films and this one somehow had a lot of good acting and substance in it, but when I actually got to watch it for myself I realized that my impression about the movie was wrong.

The movie Bloodsport was supposed to be the story of an American martial arts expert who travels abroad to participate in a high level secret martial arts tournament ...

• where people from all over the world go to win respect by fighting to the death.

While I thought that the movie Bloodsport has an alarming number of b-rated qualities, one thing that I still liked about it was the fighting scenes. To me, not only were they well choreographes, but they seemed natural and realistic unlike some other fighting movies I have seen.

The acting on the other hand was just as atrocious as usual,

whereas I had noticed that most of the people in the film including Van Damme himself had zero talent. The dialogue was also as butchered as something one would find in any true b-rated film.

In the end, while I sometimes love good action films I found this too hard to endure. Nevertheless, I would still recommend it to diehard action and fighting movie fans since I know they will enjoy the action scenes it has.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1118011392100431/k2311a0118/1.18.11