American Visa (movie)  » Movies  »
  • As I have mentioned in several of my previous reviews, I like to watch a good foreign film once in a while and when my friends and I were discussing foreign films and she gave me a summary of a film “American Visa”, that she had watched, I became eager to watch it
  • I thought that even though the film “American Visa” was pretty low budget it was actually fairly okay in terms of the acting, the dialogue and so on
  • Therefore, I would recommend the drama film “American Visa” to people who have a love for foreign and drama films

• by Redtape

As I have mentioned in several of my previous reviews, I like to watch a good foreign film once in a while and when my friends and I were discussing foreign films and she gave me a summary of a film “American Visa”, that she had watched, I became eager to watch it.

The movie “American Visa” was basically about a Bolivian teacher named Mario who tries for an American visa for himself and his son in

an attempt to get both of them a better life in the United States, but when the Bolivian teacher is denied a visa, out of desperation he goes on a crime spree to earn enough money to get both him and his son an American visa on the black market. However, after the man has an encounter with a prostitute, he begins to reconsider the goals he has set for himself and his son, and the path ...

• he has decided to take.

I thought that even though the film “American Visa” was pretty low budget it was actually fairly okay in terms of the acting, the dialogue and so on. For example, unlike a lot of low budget films that I have seen, the acting was more of a pretty good quality.

Although I was not able to understand the language being spoken fully, I would also tell from my reading of the English

subtitles that the dialogue was also fairly well written.

One of the things that I liked the most about the movie “American Visa” though was the plot. I thought that it was quite unusual, well thought of and was one of the things that I thought made the movie of fairly good quality despite its low budget.

Therefore, I would recommend the drama film “American Visa” to people who have a love for foreign and drama films.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1118011391860331/k2311a0118/1.18.11